• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former WWE wrestler Dave Batista signs with Strikeforce

Dpantherman

Originally posted Jun 21st 2010 6:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

He's a former six-time WWE heavyweight wrestling champion of the world -- but this weekend Batista finally confirmed that he's now fighting for real ... for an MMA company called Strikeforce.

The 6'5", 290 pound behemoth was out in Hollywood this weekend -- where he told our camera guy about the move ... and hinted that he already has his first fight lined up.

The 40-something-year-old recently left WWE after his contract expired ... and there had been rumors floating around that he wanted to get into Mixed Martial Arts fighting.

video: http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/21/dave-batista-wwe-mma-strikeforce-mixed-martial-arts/

If he does sign they will have him fight the worst of the worst... See Fedor's resume since signing with strikeforce, it's a joke.

they dont have a great HW division.....alstair is fighting fedor soon, and fedors next fight is werdum who isnt a push over. i mean, who do they have who he could fight that wouldnt be considered a "joke" ?

they dont have a great HW division.....alstair is fighting fedor soon, and fedors next fight is werdum who isnt a push over. i mean, who do they have who he could fight that wouldnt be considered a "joke" ?

Thats why he signed with them... He beat Brett Rodgers but Rodgers got the title shot? Rodgers got dominated against Overeem, Fedor had a few scary moments. Werdum recent resume is wins Bigfoot Silva (easy fight), and Mike f**king Kyle lol. He beat Brandon Vera after he started declining in 2008 and Gabriel Gonzaga who is possibly the #20 HW in the world. Werdum's only big win in his career is Overeem and that was 5-6 years ago I think.

Archived