• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My great dane

sunbunny

Just got home, and he met me at the door doing his usual scooby doo thing. Went out back to the bathroom, and back in the house. Now he seems fine. I'll keep a check on him tonight and see what happens. I think it's his ears.

I hope it's that easy

I hope so, too.

I thought maybe wobbler's, but from what I've read, he's too old to develop it. I also found something about his magnesium (I think) being too low. He was eating grass last night, and instead of his usual midnight snack of dog food, I gave him two hot dogs. He's also on a different food, but by the same company. The heat gets to him, too. So many things. *sigh*

I think I'm gonna let Henry sleep with me tonight, and Chris can sleep on the couch. :)

We didn't have his ears cropped, because I thought it was cruel. Well, his chronic ear infections are cruel, too. Our vet told us if we'd cropped them, he wouldn't have so many infections if any at all. Most vets don't crop anymore, though.

Archived