• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

did having a bye screw us?

hank pimple butt

yes im a big fan of delhomme! and let me make this clear he played like total sh*t!!!! but watching the game we looked totally off rythm! do you think this was due to the bye? and another thing the play calling was terrible! why did we abandon the run so quickly?

Of course it did...John Fox watches General Hospital marathons and eat grilled cheese sandwitches all day during bye week..

Bye week = Trap game.

1)You haven't played football in two weeks. The other team just fought for their lives to advance.

2) It was the Arizona Cardinals. No one thought they were any good.

3) The Cards forced a very bad poker hand on you. Give them credit, but it was over.

In answer to the question? Yes. It killed you.

i'm tired of the panthers superstitions.....(no offense to the thread maker) if we can't win when all the hype is on us,or when backups step in,or when we have a bye then we don't deserve a playoff win,maybe not even a playoff berth
your absolutly right, a bye really is not a good excuse, but it seems after our bye we struggled against oakland, if they had a better offense they would have mopped the floors w/us. i mean the offense looked horrible, delhomme usually throws a couple ints...... but 5ints, our offense just looked confused and the timing was off. the game plan was poo. why we quit running confused me (az stopped our run last time.....but then we went wild cat and got it going)its almost like we didnt try. it is sad we left at least 9pts on the field due to stupid turnovers..........you do have to tip your hat to az they were missing a huge play maker in boldin and we were 100% i could only imagine how much worse that ass whippin would have been w/ boldin in the line up!

sorry this kinda turned into a rant

Bye week = Trap game.

1)You haven't played football in two weeks. The other team just fought for their lives to advance.

2) It was the Arizona Cardinals. No one thought they were any good.

3) The Cards forced a very bad poker hand on you. Give them credit, but it was over.

In answer to the question? Yes. It killed you.

actually, the cards were the last team i wanted to see us play, we barely beat em last time. i did think this game would have been closer tho:( our d line and secondary were exposed in this game.

yes im a big fan of delhomme! and let me make this clear he played like total sh*t!!!! but watching the game we looked totally off rythm! do you think this was due to the bye? and another thing the play calling was terrible! why did we abandon the run so quickly?

No Jake screwed you up. Dont worry you can still enjoy bogangles with your next spokesman.

i dont think it is a coincidence that jake has his 2 worst games after a bye. oakland and tonite. acually, i posted a thread saying i was worried about the bye, but it quickly sunk to the bottom page two to allow all of the "we gonna kick arizona's ass" threads...
i was a little worried cuz of the oakland game......but i thought we at least learned our lesson from that one......i was wrong:mad:

fox=delhomme is starter.

i havent given up on jake tho......but when he eventually leaves i hope moore will get a decent shot at starter, he did show some promise.

you cant blame fox for keeping him in, he has been a leader and has produced in postseason and clutch time, I just think Jakes window has passed.

you cant blame fox for keeping him in, he has been a leader and has produced in postseason and clutch time, I just think Jakes window has passed.
delhomme has come back from terrible performances.......this one was real bad, it reminded me of his last nfc championship game. if he struggles next season they may cut ties w/delhomme but not likely fox is very loyal to his players.

Archived