• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

if theres one song that doesnt prove that metal is complete shite, id love to hear it

Grammer

well, you see, I really don't like too much metal. All sounds like noise to me, and anyway I can't headbang....it hurts my head. So I need a heavy sound that make me think...

I see, yea I'm a Metal fan myself but I also love Tool....easily one of my favorite bands....

While it wont prove to the OP that Metal is good I don't care Between the Buried and Me is one of my favorite Metal bands....

To be honest though Metal is a very acquired taste, I hated the first Metal bands I was ever exposed to. However now I listen to Metal on a daily basis....

80's metal doesn't count if you're talking about bands that wore makeup and denim... That was hard rock/hair rock...

Metal has to use the "devil's fifth" or tritone at some point on the album, and none of the hair bands ever really did that...

Of course, Slayer, Sepultura, Metallica, and other true metal bands were around in the 80's, but I am betting you weren't talking about them...

I'll give you that SOME death metal is crap... but you won't find many more talented musicians than those you find in technical death metal bands, or in progressive metal bands...

I'll give you that SOME death metal is crap... but you won't find many more talented musicians than those you find in technical death metal bands, or in progressive metal bands...

Yeah I agree that some death metal is garbage. Very true about many death metal musicians though, they're amazing! ...Alex Webster, Pete Sandoval, Travis Ryan, Karl Sanders..etc.

Some of the lyrics death metal artist write is out of this world too. I seen Behemoth live a couple of years ago..and wow!.. they blew me away.

i hate all the bands that scream shiz at me. don't see the point. don't care to hear it.

Ahh, yes the "cookie monster" sound, def not for everyone.

Metal is simple, it's about ear shattering volume, and amazing chops. Sabbath did a great interview years ago about the subject.

screaming=more volume

If it's not your cup of tea that's fine, it's certainly not mine, anymore. Watch the vid I posted, no Cookie Monster stuff there :cool:

80's metal doesn't count if you're talking about bands that wore makeup and denim... That was hard rock/hair rock...

Metal has to use the "devil's fifth" or tritone at some point on the album, and none of the hair bands ever really did that...

Of course, Slayer, Sepultura, Metallica, and other true metal bands were around in the 80's, but I am betting you weren't talking about them...

Sepultura sounded like poo until Chaos A.D. came out.

I'm sort of in the middle with this subject. I can't listen to most death/thrash metal, it just irritates me. Slayer was awesome...when I was 15. There are a few exceptions to this i.e. Opeth, Between The Buried and Me, but they are very progressive and incorporate clean passages and lots of musical influences from other genres.

My favorite band is, and always will be Pantera. I love everything about them, their groove, lyrics, Dimebag's sick guitar riffs, Vinnie Paul's mastery of the percussive arts. I could go on and on, but I wont, since this is going to fall on deaf ears anyway. Either you love metal or you don't. There is no in-between. If you do, awesome. If not, thats perfectly ok...just dont insult the millions of people who do.

Oh, and Tool is most definitely a progressive metal band.

Archived