• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobs to be in active in the next few weeks

pantherfan49

Sorry, i am not as optimistic as some. Micheal Jordan's track record as a owner does not inspire much confidence. He has had final say in basketball decisions since 2006. So Adam Morrison, Brendan Wright, DJ Augustin and Ajinca are all on his watch. Also you have to look at how he did in Washington. So you can add Kwame Brown to the All-Jordan Sucky Draft Team. I think ALL the credit for the playoff bid needs to be given to the team and Larry Brown. Specifically Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson. We have two options either rebuild young or the more likely make several lateral moves and field a team of veterans and journeymen with a nearly topped out salary.

The Charlotte Bobcats are talking with teams about either purchasing a pick or making a trade that would yield selections in Thursday’s NBA draft.

Coach Larry Brown said Monday that several teams are looking to give up picks. The Michael Jordan-owned Bobcats don’t own a selection in either the first or second round.

“Michael might buy a draft pick. I don’t know,” Brown said. “We might be able to move a contract to get a draft pick. I don’t know. It might be a trade involved that could do that. You better be aware of the talent and what value you have on a pick.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap6Z_F4VBwcfw1L7CYYQu7.8vLYF?slug=ap-bobcats-draftpicks

While it is exciting to think we may end up with a draft picks, i refer to my previous post on the hapless draft record. With the T-Wolves and Grizzlies having multiple 1st round picks they could be game and second round picks could be had cheap. I don't see many PG's that intrigue me. Maybe, either Eric Bledsoe (Kentucky's other guard) or Armon Johnson ( fave of mine) but they are both combo guards and not pure PG's. It seems like a good year for big men. I hope we move Diaw and resign TT. That would leave a spot for a PF. I don't think Derrick Brown fits as a PF he is more of a SF. Guys who could be around where we get a pick are

1. Craig Brackins

2. Larry Sanders

3. Kevin Seraphin

4. Daniel Orton

I doubt PG, SG, C, or SF are the targets since we have DJ, Hendo, Alexis and D-Brown being groomed. TT is a fairly young fella too though so your guess is good as mine. If Alexis Ajinca is still not impressing we could be looking for a new Center to develop.

While it is exciting to think we may end up with a draft picks, i refer to my previous post on the hapless draft record. With the T-Wolves and Grizzlies having multiple 1st round picks they could be game and second round picks could be had cheap. I don't see many PG's that intrigue me. Maybe, either Eric Bledsoe (Kentucky's other guard) or Armon Johnson ( fave of mine) but they are both combo guards and not pure PG's. It seems like a good year for big men. I hope we move Diaw and resign TT. That would leave a spot for a PF. I don't think Derrick Brown fits as a PF he is more of a SF. Guys who could be around where we get a pick are

1. Craig Brackins

2. Larry Sanders

3. Kevin Seraphin

4. Daniel Orton

I doubt PG, SG, C, or SF are the targets since we have DJ, Hendo, Alexis and D-Brown being groomed. TT is a fairly young fella too though so your guess is good as mine. If Alexis Ajinca is still not impressing we could be looking for a new Center to develop.

IMO Sanders and Orton would be great selections in the second round.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope MJ and LB know what they're doing, because, other than Okafor, every big man the Bobcats have drafted has been a bust. I'm going ahead and putting Ajinca in that category.

See i disagree with ya. I think Sanders and Orton are both mid round 1st talents. I am thinking the T-Wolves would part with either the 16th or 23rd. A darkhorse candidate that could take a big lead if Tyson Chandler opts out is Solomon Alabi.

who would draft a guy name alexis?i hated this pick from day one( adam morrison too). this is a good year for the bigs i wouldnt mind picking one up. not to mention this draft is pretty deep, so some players will not be drafted.mike and lb should pick them up in free agency.

Until they bring in somebody worth a poo in evaluating college players, our FO needs to stick to trades and free agency to improve the team. Although if the Bobcats do move into the middle/late second round, I am a Dexter Pittman fan.

Until they bring in somebody worth a poo in evaluating college players, our FO needs to stick to trades and free agency to improve the team.

I agree, but you can't build a consistent winner through free-agency and trades. Yes, the Celtics are having a good run as of late and did build that squad primarily through trading, but the Big Three aren't getting any younger, and take them away from the C's and they're just like every other team in the East with the exception of Rondo.

Choosing experience over the franchise's future only temporarily alleviates the problem and can make the problem worse once those veterans start aging and/or retiring (see Panthers 1996-2001)

The sad thing is, in most of those drafts, it is to the point where the Bobcats fans can see the writing on the wall with picks, yet the FO makes the pick anyway (ex. Morrison)

Choosing experience over the franchise's future only temporarily alleviates the problem and can make the problem worse once those veterans start aging and/or retiring (see Panthers 1996-2001)

And I agree 100%. MJ needs to hire a draft guru of sorts to keep the Bobcats competitive for the future, but until then they're better off worrying about veterans.

While we're still talking about the draft, another guy I wouldn't mind the Bobcats trading into the draft to pick is Greivis Vasquez. Yes, it would be admitting the Augustin pick was a failure (it was), and yes, it would give LB another rookie to ignore (he will), but Vasquez has the size and the potential to be a starting NBA PG. Of course there's risks involved with picking him, but as a second-round pick, he'd be a good value pick IMO.

And yes, I guarantee I hate him just as much as any of you.

it would give LB another rookie to ignore (he will)

I know the Larry Brown hire is probably the best thing to date that has happened to the franchise but is it possible that it is his mentality of not playing rookies that could be hurting these draft picks? Yes, a majority of them were terrible picks, but I thought the DJ pick signaled the end of poor drafting decisions. Now we are saying he is yet another first round bust for the Bobcats, and even after a few years with the franchise, he's still a long way from being the franchise PG we all hoped for.

I am not absolving the FO for their poor drafting, I'm just sick of seeing rookies like Curry and Evans go to their respective teams and make an instant impact. These guys are no longer playing college ball, so they don't need a "redshirt" year to learn to "play the right way."

When the Cats passed on Lopez and went with DJ, when a big was needed, that just let me know it was the same old same old.

I also wouldnt mind Vasquez with a pick in the late 1st or 2nd. I read that Miami at pick 18 is looking to sell their pick.

When the Cats passed on Lopez and went with DJ, when a big was needed, that just let me know it was the same old same old.

I also wouldnt mind Vasquez with a pick in the late 1st or 2nd. I read that Miami at pick 18 is looking to sell their pick.

I doubt we buy a first round pick, the organization is hemorrhaging money, so if we buy any pick I'd put money on it being in the mid-to-late second round. There's going to be teams looking to dump a pick though, and we do have a decent trade chip or two.

I forgot all about Rondo being available when the Bobcats took Morrison in 06'. Geez, do you think that Rondo could have been a better addition to the current Bobcats squad which had a point guard who couldn't set up his teammates and couldn't play defense? :lol:

Archived