• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobs to be in active in the next few weeks

pantherfan49

I suspect they are looking to move Nazr or DJ in the hopes of getting a real PG. I also wouldn't be opposed to Diaw being moved and I am not a Diaw.

The Charlotte Bobcats are " very active'' in various trade discussions around the NBA, according to a friend of mine in a front office.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2010/06/bobcats-busy-on-trade-front.html

I think they really want to keep Felton.

I completely disagree but we will know for certain in a few weeks. The Bobs' comments on Felton seem to indicate that they are ready to move on.

Looking at the Bobs roster, they are pretty well set at 3 of the 5 starting positions. Jax is set at the 2, G-Force at the 3, and they have invested heavily in TT at the 4. That leaves them looking to upgrade the 1 or 5 spots. They already have way too much money at the 5 spot and have a few serviceable guys there anyways, so I see that leaving only the 1 spot as the spot they will upgrade.

I completely disagree but we will know for certain in a few weeks. The Bobs' comments on Felton seem to indicate that they are ready to move on.

Looking at the Bobs roster, they are pretty well set at 3 of the 5 starting positions. Jax is set at the 2, G-Force at the 3, and they have invested heavily in TT at the 4. That leaves them looking to upgrade the 1 or 5 spots. They already have way too much money at the 5 spot and have a few serviceable guys there anyways, so I see that leaving only the 1 spot as the spot they will upgrade.

Deep down when push comes to shove everyone knows that Felton will be a Bobcat next year. He is a Carolina Player and this organization is very loyal to Tar Heels.

Coming from a Carolina fan

Also speaking of Carolina Players the Bobcats worked out Marcus Ginyard yesterday.

Deep down when push comes to shove everyone knows that Felton will be a Bobcat next year. He is a Carolina Player and this organization is very loyal to Tar Heels.

Sean May and Jeff McInnis have all been jettisoned in recent years. The past loyalty to Tar Heels didn't work for the Bobcats and they know that.

Winning is what matters. Felton is solid but not great and he doesn't make his teammates substantially better like good PGs do. The Bobs might even win 50 games with Felton as the starting PG, but they will never make it past the second round of the Playoffs with Felton as the starting PG.

The reason the Bobcats have sucked balls up till now has been their loyalty to UNC

No actually i would say it has more to do with a FO that does not know how to evaluate talent (crappy drafts) and makes lots of lateral moves (J-Rich, Diaw/Bell) instead of moves that actually make us better.

I look at the Atlanta Hawks and am envious. They have built a young and exciting team over the years. We have had every opportunity to do the same. Lets start in 2004 shall we?

2004 Emeka Okefor / Plagued by back problems even in college. Uconn team of his was stacked with talent. Actually a solid pick by the Bobcats.

BUT Okefor's teammate Ben Gordon was also on the board. But in retrospect i think we all could agree Andre Iguodala or Devin Harris would have been good picks also without trading up.

2005 Raymond Felton and Sean May / This is likely the year the UNC loyalist sight. Fact is we should have offered Atlanta the 5th and 13th to move up and get a elite PG if AI2 had been the pick in 2004 or stayed put and took Channing Frye and Danny Granger.

2006 Adam Morrison / Jeez louise. Lets take the nonathletic white boy. Tyus Thomas, Brandon Roy, and the sleeper Rajon Rando.

2007 Brendan Wright / Traded Wright gained J-Rich. To tell the truth i wanted Joakim Noah. Noah and Jared Dudley would have been a decent haul.

2008 DJ Augustin and Alexis Ajinca / Could have kept a 2010 first round pick instead of trading it to Denver. So n AA and no DJ. Gain Brook Lopez and a first round pick.

Depth chart best case scenerio

PG- Devin Harris

SG- Brandon Roy,

SF- G-Force, Granger

PF- Noah, Channing Frye

C- Brook Lopez

Come on yall lets not get too excited about the moves of this FO is all i am saying. Oh and and in this upcoming draft we could add Hassan Whiteside to rotate Lopez. We are the Detroit Lions of the NBA when it comes to drafting.

Mick Eye you point out the Bobs' drafting failures. I think we are all aware of them.

The Bobs' assimilation of talent has everything to do with trades that MJ has made and the expansion draft selection of Wallace. The Bobs have pretty much struck out in every draft. When they did take a decent player- Oke or possibly Felton, they turned around and overpaid for them when there contracts ran out, or traded them (Dudley).

Upgrade the PG position and this team, albeit a team with little financial flexibility, will be a 50 win team next season.

Coming from a Carolina fan

Also speaking of Carolina Players the Bobcats worked out Marcus Ginyard yesterday.

The Playoffs in reality spelled doom to Felton.

It's basically this. If he wants big (hell maybe even decent) money, he's going to be shown the door.

I'm not agreeing with trading DJ. Since it would basically mean another failure on the FO's part, but if we can get a STARTING caliber PG out of it I'm all for it.

No actually i would say it has more to do with a FO that does not know how to evaluate talent (crappy drafts) and makes lots of lateral moves (J-Rich, Diaw/Bell) instead of moves that actually make us better.

I look at the Atlanta Hawks and am envious. They have built a young and exciting team over the years. We have had every opportunity to do the same. Lets start in 2004 shall we?

2004 Emeka Okefor / Plagued by back problems even in college. Uconn team of his was stacked with talent. Actually a solid pick by the Bobcats.

BUT Okefor's teammate Ben Gordon was also on the board. But in retrospect i think we all could agree Andre Iguodala or Devin Harris would have been good picks also without trading up.

2005 Raymond Felton and Sean May / This is likely the year the UNC loyalist sight. Fact is we should have offered Atlanta the 5th and 13th to move up and get a elite PG if AI2 had been the pick in 2004 or stayed put and took Channing Frye and Danny Granger.

2006 Adam Morrison / Jeez louise. Lets take the nonathletic white boy. Tyus Thomas, Brandon Roy, and the sleeper Rajon Rando.

2007 Brendan Wright / Traded Wright gained J-Rich. To tell the truth i wanted Joakim Noah. Noah and Jared Dudley would have been a decent haul.

2008 DJ Augustin and Alexis Ajinca / Could have kept a 2010 first round pick instead of trading it to Denver. So n AA and no DJ. Gain Brook Lopez and a first round pick.

Depth chart best case scenerio

PG- Devin Harris

SG- Brandon Roy,

SF- G-Force, Granger

PF- Noah, Channing Frye

C- Brook Lopez

Come on yall lets not get too excited about the moves of this FO is all i am saying. Oh and and in this upcoming draft we could add Hassan Whiteside to rotate Lopez. We are the Detroit Lions of the NBA when it comes to drafting.

QFT

However, do not dismiss this particular Front Office that ended up getting the Cats into the playoffs.

All of those past moves you referenced were made in the Bob Johnson era, and he could have cared less about the Charlotte community and being proactive with the franchise. Now that the Bobcats have pretty much cleaned house, I think it's safe to be optimistic going into this year, especially after a playoff appearance.

Archived