• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Costco Question

charlotte49er

To American it is. To the French it's different. American's think all sparkling wine is Champagne, but true Champagne must come from Champagne France. Typically wine doesn't have "fizz".

I know that. That doesn't change the fact that Champagne -- whether it's actually made in Champagne, France or elsewhere -- is still a wine. ;)

I know that. That doesn't change the fact that Champagne -- whether it's actually made in Champagne, France or elsewhere -- is still a wine. ;)

If you say so. I don't drink alcohol. I was going on what my ex-alcoholic Fiancee always said. It's like one of those rules of thumbs. Corked wine is better than wine with a screw top. Wine doesn't have "fizz", Champange does. LOL

So, I'll concede, they are both wine.

Check craigslist. YOu can get good ones for really cheap.

Good point! Thanks. I need a front loader Washer & Dryer, I could care less what the color is. (Or even if they match! They are behind doors.) My friends won't make fun of me if they are different colors.

I wonder how effecient a combo is. You can get a unit that washes and drys clothes for less than you can get a Washer & Dryer. I just don't how good they are.

Good point! Thanks. I need a front loader Washer & Dryer, I could care less what the color is. (Or even if they match! They are behind doors.) My friends won't make fun of me if they are different colors.

I wonder how effecient a combo is. You can get a unit that washes and drys clothes for less than you can get a Washer & Dryer. I just don't how good they are.

I've heard that the washer/dryer combo isn't efficient, but I have never owned one.

I've heard that the washer/dryer combo isn't efficient, but I have never owned one.

I was talking to my neighbor earlier and she said she heard the same thing.

Front loading washer/dryer by themselves, side by side at Home Depot is $1200-$1300 for a good pair.

A combo unit is about $899+/-. She said she understook that the combo unit could take an hour+ to dry a lode of towels. Compared to 30-40 minutes for a regular dryer. Anything you might save, would be eaten up in electricity.

Archived