• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Costco Question

charlotte49er

I thought Champagne was wine? :P

I hear they have good beer prices. I've thought about getting a membership as well.

To American it is. To the French it's different. American's think all sparkling wine is Champagne, but true Champagne must come from Champagne France. Typically wine doesn't have "fizz".

I thought Champagne was wine? :P

I hear they have good beer prices. I've thought about getting a membership as well.

The beer prices are decent. I pick up the Kirkland brand I was a little hesitant on buying the store brand, but it turn out to be fairly good.

The beer prices are decent. I pick up the Kirkland brand I was a little hesitant on buying the store brand, but it turn out to be fairly good.

Comsumer Reports rated Costco and their Kirkland brand very high. Years ago I had a Costco card and just didn't renew it. Every September I get a free BJ's Warehouse card, but I like Costco better. Costco prices on tires are about as cheap as you will find anywhere.

Aldi was also rated very high. If you never shopped at an Aldi, be prepared to bring your own bags. And you even have to pay to use the shopping cart (a Quarter), but when you return it, you get your quarter back. The only problem with Aldi is, that their selection is limited.

Archived