• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expanding business...

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

So, the company I work for is roughly quadrupling in size this year. A couple of massive new contracts for us have been confirmed and the building we're in now simply isn't big enough to handle the new volume. We just saw the new place we're moving to and its pretty damn massive. We could have a couple of games of football going on simultaneously in that place. As an added bonus, I now get to learn AutoCAD and how to run one of the new router tables we're getting. Plus I now have some job security and lots of garaunteed overtime for the next four years (at least) which is an upgrade from working 20 hour weeks in December through March and not being sure if the company would survive.

Also, optomistically, my job depends on new business opening. So if I'm seeing an uptick in my workload, it speaks well of at least the local economy's future.

Just thought I'd share.

My job gets more secure, I get more responsibility at work, and a raise in pay and workable hours after about two years of wondering if the doors were gonna be open the next day. I'm happy.

So yes, I'm proud of the people I work for and work with for putting out products that earns this kind of workload, and proud of myself for sticking it out. Im bragging.

Congrats to me!

Archived