• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Road Rage

Mayor Qumiby

Got behind a dumb-A today on I-40 between Durham and Burlington...speed up...down...up...down. Can't pass on right due to cars and it's not moving over. Cruise control mfer...use it! And when pressed...move over.

Got up beside and it was an asian lady. Not stereotyping, but damn.

Don't get me started. I have one kid riding on the back of a bike all summer, and another riding in a rig. My brother has an easygoing personality, cause I think I'd run someone over if they pulled out in front of me and I was driving the rig. And God help the person who ever causes a wreck with my baby on the bike. I'll be sitting in jail.

There are only two situations in which I get road rage.

1) When someone is tailgating me on the freeway when I am going at a speed that matches or even exceeds the speed of traffic. I can't fuging stand looking in my rearview and seeing someone 10 yards behind me even though they have all the room in the world. Usually my response is then to slow down to 65 or 60 and let them eat it until they get angry and pass.

2) When two lanes are merging and I am in the left lane and someone who is behind me in the right merging lane floors it and attempts to pass me when they clearly should just merge in behind me. Don't do this to me. I will see you coming up in my side view mirror, floor it, and run you off the road if you don't back down.

I'm the world's worst when it comes to road rage... I have done so many things that could have gotten me killed, or killed someone else... and I don't really regret it...

That said, traffic around here isn't traffic at all.. At worst, my drive from Clayton to Raleigh is about 40 minutes, and that is because I deliberately stay off of I-40...

I've been in the Bronx, caught near the GW bridge after a Peurto Rican day parade... They make 4 lanes into at least 7, and get so close beside you you can reach through their window and drive for them... We drove a whopping 2 miles in 2 hours...

The worst thing I have probably done, aside from throwing obects out my window at tailgaiters, is this:

Dude pulls out right in front of me one night... There is nobody behind me... I get right on his ass and flash my lights to reinforce the sentiment of "Hey, idiot, you just pulled out right in front of me... He then proceeds to brake check me, so I hit the gas and pull onto the shoulder (over the curb (I was in a Blazer at the time, lol)) and drive by him on it... Once I am in front of him, I slam on my brakes to return the favor...

Then we get to a stoplight, and he pulls up beside me he (thuggy) gets out and approaches my passenger side... I see another dude in the passenger seat of his vehicle... He motions for me to roll down the window, which I do, and he asks what my problem is... "You pulled out in front of me, you dumbass, and then slammed on your brakes"... He looks at me with some look that I suppose was intended to intimidate me, and starts trying to run his mouth, so I outshout him and say "Learn to drive, jackass" and roll up the window...

About this time, my cell phone rings and the light turns green... The people in front of my are slow to move, and the dude stands there for a minute mean-muggin' me and slaps my side mirror (folding it in, big deal right?) before he gets back in his car and turns right...

If I didn't have to pickup wifey (that's where I was on my way to), I would have followed him and done who knows what...

If I had had a pistol, I would probably be in jail right now for homicide...

------------------

Another time, I was on my way to work in the AM, and a dude pulls out in front of me... I get on his ass too, to try and prove the point again... There was a lady in an SUV behind me when the SOB pulled out in front of me, so she witnessed it too...

Anyways, we get down the road and he's dragging (like 40 in a 45) purposely to piss me off... We get to a passing zone and I move over to pass, and the jackass pulls over to try and block me off from passing him... So I floor it and don't care if I hit him in the process... I get by him and we come to a stoplight...

I'm pissed about him trying to keep me from passing, so I get out and walk back to his window... He rolls his window down and is like "Why are you in such a hurry? Don't be in such a hurry"...lol... I get pissed then...

"Dude, you just fuging pulled out in front of me and then tried to cut me off from going around you... intentionally..."... The lady in the SUV is yelling out the window at the dude too, about how he was not driving safe and was playing games with people's lives... That dude almost got punched, and again, if I had had a pistol, he would have been shot probably...

I got plenty more stories too...

Like Meat, it is probably a good thing that I don't own a pistol... yet...

At worst I will blow my horn, and remind myself that there is a much better chance of getting killed by being pissy and trying to prove a point than by that persons actions.

I also drive a Denali, and the seats are so comfortable, and the music so nice that I rarely get all that aggitated.

I fug with agressive drivers. I brake check people who tailgate me, I close the gap when two lanes merge and some a-hole comes flying down the ending lane and tries to squeeze in at the last second (you wait like the rest of us, Mr. Mercedes convertible, you could have gotten in 100 yards back) and I just wave at people who get mad at me and laugh in their contorting red face. I should say that all of this is probably a bad idea because I drive the only royal blue Solara in my city and I have been keyed 3 times now.

Maybe I keep doing it because I want someone to come and try to start something with me.

God I wish more DCites had that personality. People drive here like every car they pass will take 5 minutes off their commute.

I find idiot/clueless drivers to be much more of a problem than aggressive drivers in DC. Far too many people drive UNDER the speed limit and tend to disregard even the most basic of traffic laws.

atlanta is the worst on east coast, Miami is second.

its like lots of things, its a mind-set. just like others, i've made adjustments and no longer care that 90% need to take and pass a REAL driving test. they......will give a license to anyone.

its become a daily(sometimes weekly) that someone nearly hits me. i have a fall back in life, crash test dummy.

people now have no focus. thousand of things going on and their lifes' suck.

if i'm behind the wheel, i am serious....

driving is serious business...

i dont know why i overlooked ny. i only drove there once and tried to block it out of my mind(reason?). after driving their(first trip) i understood why nyers are like nyers. i would go on a murdering spree, after a couple days of dealin with it. the stress is beyond my limit.

lucky i had cop friend and got the vip treatment in the city. no way you could have a nice car and keep the mirrors on it. after he ran several red lights, a taxi pulled us over. a fing taxi with lights and everything, flash his shield, they said "o" and turned around and got back in their taxi. also i found out blocking a intersection is breaking a law, if it has lines all over, thats maybe the law we didnt break. unreal what you are able to do with a shield among friends...

atl, i had to be on the road by 4:00 am in order to make my delivers. it was a must, or it would be early lunch before i made the first stop. they NEVER stop working on the fing road. i'd get to the pickup and go back to sleep for a couple hours. done many times and burnt me out. just my worst overall experience.

mia, just the douchest among douchest drivers on the planet. i say that never driving in LA.(i never will). just loads of millionaires/wantabees acting like they own the highway. no one uses the hov lane, 4 lanes of full of douchey single drivers in high priced cars. blow up dolls, work...

Archived