• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Road Rage

Mayor Qumiby

I almost never get mad when I'm driving. I don't deal with much traffic on my daily commute, and I'm usually enjoying the radio or the iPod, so I'm in a good mood.

I have, however, gotten out of the back of a cab and punched a guy in the back of another cab because he spit on me at a stoplight, so I guess that counts.

I have no sympathy for people in Charlotte complaining about traffic. I have extensive experience driving in 3 major metro areas, Charlotte, Chicago, and DC.

When I was in Chicago I thought it was bad. But now it seems like a joke compared to DC. Sure you get cut off there and people were assholes. But at least there when you'd get on the highways people drove fast and didn't fug around.

In DC people will regularly drive 40 mph on the beltway for no god damn reason. There are so many foreign and out of town people here combined with streets that were layed out long before the idea of city planning and building for future capacity equals a constant poo show. It's not just rush hour either, traffic can happen any where any time here.

I almost never get mad when I'm driving. I don't deal with much traffic on my daily commute, and I'm usually enjoying the radio or the iPod, so I'm in a good mood.

I have, however, gotten out of the back of a cab and punched a guy in the back of another cab because he spit on me at a stoplight, so I guess that counts.

You best have that jacked into your car stereo, cuz if you are one of those numbnuts that has earphones on while driving, you ain't gonna live to see 13.

I rarely get mad any more...I did when I was younger.

Nothing is usually that important to be in a hurry for.

God I wish more DCites had that personality. People drive here like every car they pass will take 5 minutes off their commute.

Archived