• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

will Jimmy Clausen hold out?

89bottomline

wtf bro. I like moore but clausen is a hoss. Look at the teams in the superbowl..... Who were the QBs? Um peyton manning and that fine young male drew brees. Two pretty damn good QBs. They built there franchise around them couse they put up numbers and could win games by themselves. Moore is a dude who I can only see manage the game.

Based on what? His performance's against Navy and Stanford?

Until he takes the field and proves himself, he is just another rookie QB, which means he has about a 1 in 10 chance of becoming a solid NFL QB.

Based on what? His performance's against Navy and Stanford?

Until he takes the field and proves himself, he is just another rookie QB, which means he has about a 1 in 10 chance of becoming a solid NFL QB.

are you f**kin retarded? 1 in 10?? Gosh dude what is wrong with you?? Quote me, within the next three years he will be our starter and we fans will love him! He's a hgh first round calibor! A steal! Gosh fellas this is what's wrong with us! We always get mediocre QBs! Give clausen a chance. we are just as guilty as the FO for being too loyal. At least be open to a competition. I love you fellas we are all brothers but hateing on cluasen isn't good.

are you f**kin retarded? 1 in 10?? Gosh dude what is wrong with you?? Quote me, within the next three years he will be our starter and we fans will love him! He's a hgh first round calibor! A steal! Gosh fellas this is what's wrong with us! We always get mediocre QBs! Give clausen a chance. we are just as guilty as the FO for being too loyal. At least be open to a competition. I love you fellas we are all brothers but hateing on cluasen isn't good.

You dumb fugde packer :) lol j/k. but seriously tho, u do realize 1 out of 10 NFL QB's turn out to be any good and he was just giving statistical evidence, not trashing Clausen. Get a grip Homer Simpson.

. We should just drafted Tate and let Clausen fall and loose more money. Yea he was BPA, but not a position that we had major need at...all around it was just a dumb pick especially since J.R. is going cheap this year

Yes, but now all the doughnuts in Charlotte are safe. :)

Clausen might hold out a few days. My guess is he accepts a contract with lots of incentives; but he will want a QB premium for a bonus even in the 2nd round.

I am not hating on him, or anyone else. Just pointing out that the majority of QB's taken in the NFL draft don't become solid NFL starters, even the first rounders. QB is far and away the most difficult spot to project successful transistion from college to pro. Personally, I hope he becomes the next John Elway. But I will believe it when he shows it on the field. Until then, he is just a possibility.

What I like about this year is that we have at least two possible starters in Moore and Clausen. Hopefully, one of them works out.

Ok statistics.... I just hate how some think its a bad pick when its a steal. There is no way all of you can be that dumb.

I don't think it was a bad pick. I think he was definitely worth taking a chance on and hopefully between him and Moore, one of them will become the QB we need. IMO, to have a run like the Patriots have had this past decade, or like the Broncos, 49ers, Giants, Cowboys, and Steelers did over the past 40 years, you have to have an good QB, and we need to keep trying to get one. If Moore and Clausen don't work out, then dump em both and keep trying until we finally hit the jackpot.

I am not hating on him, or anyone else. Just pointing out that the majority of QB's taken in the NFL draft don't become solid NFL starters, even the first rounders. QB is far and away the most difficult spot to project successful transistion from college to pro. Personally, I hope he becomes the next John Elway. But I will believe it when he shows it on the field. Until then, he is just a possibility.

What I like about this year is that we have at least two possible starters in Moore and Clausen. Hopefully, one of them works out.

as long as our O-line and RB's hold up Clausen will have an easy intro into the NFL.

if he holds out then that would just show how ignorant our FO is, we had Golden Tate and Taylor Mays on the board and we chose a projected top 5 QB who is gonna demand big money. We should just drafted Tate and let Clausen fall and loose more money. Yea he was BPA, but not a position that we had major need at...all around it was just a dumb pick especially since J.R. is going cheap this year

Thankfully we didn't draft Golden Tate.......Spartanburg is the only town that has two Krispy Creams that are across the street from each other and there is no way the Spartanburg City Police would refer to a break-in as trespassing.....Awesome 911 link inside:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/08/golden-tate-seattle-seahawks-nfl-911-call-donut-shop/

Anyone else.........slammer.

Its not the fact that I hate the pick, its the fact that we already had a QB on the team that has already shown promise and earned the starting job from his play at the NFL level, and the FO have already given up on him before a full season of being the starter. Instead of drafting Clausen we could've built around the talent that we already have. Again if the rookies don't pan out and Clausen gets the start mid season, and plays like poo because he doesn't have the weapons to help him excel at the pro level, then he will just be another high potential bust QB for our team...And that's not stupidity, that's just being realistic.

Its not the fact that I hate the pick, its the fact that we already had a QB on the team that has already shown promise and earned the starting job from his play at the NFL level, and the FO have already given up on him before a full season of being the starter. Instead of drafting Clausen we could've built around the talent that we already have. Again if the rookies don't pan out and Clausen gets the start mid season, and plays like poo because he doesn't have the weapons to help him excel at the pro level, then he will just be another high potential bust QB for our team...And that's not stupidy, that's just being realastic.

I think the big issue is that you are interpreting picking Clausen as saying that they have completely given up on Moore.

I don't see it that way. They cut Jake and tendered Moore the highest they possibly could.

This team has a history of going BPA. Clausen fell in their laps and they pulled the trigger. I think it was a good move, if Moore plays lights out this season suddenly he commands a huge contract. It helps to have some insurance in case we can't keep him

PS: I would edit the typos in the last line before you get grammar hammered.

Archived