• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

will Jimmy Clausen hold out?

89bottomline

Well yea cuz their heads were stuck soo far up delhommes ass...moore showed promise with no weapons around him. Imagine if he did have more than one above average or average receiver, he could possibly do great things. That being said Clausen could be the same way, but if all the rookies don't pan out as expected and we throw clausen in there without weapons he could look like delhomme also...Unless Clausen is the next Manning or Brady (who will be elite no matter the receivers/tight ends they have) he could be another bust QB for our team. That's just my realistic opinion. He needs a year to sit out and if moore's play declines from last year at least we will have a high draft pick to address the needs to build around Clausen.

brady is a bitch that plays in a modified spread offense that allows any QB to look good. look at what matt cassel did, and he hadn't played since high school.

Manning and brees are the legit QBs in the league, not tom (oh my god i was breathed on throw a flag) brady

So for the last 5 years fans whined because we never drafted a quarterback. Now we draft 2 of them in great positions in the draft and people are still whining. I know some people wanted Tate but before we crown him as that wonderful, lets see how he does versus LaFells and Edwards who we did draft.

Seems to me that Clausen was a great pick and even if he tried to hold out for more money what exactly does he think he will get? Crabtree held out for 4 spots in the draft. So what if Clausen wants to get paid like a late first rounder or early second rounder. First of all Beason held out all of 8 days and we still got him for a five year contract for 12.5 million. He was drafted number 25 in the first round. Anyone think that we are going to get ripped off if we have to pay Clausen an average of 2 1/2 million a year to sit the bench and come in if anything happens to Moore. Given the average starting quarterback makes 6 or 7 million a year and the going rate for signing Moore will be that or more next year, Clausen will be a steal.

As for drafting a receiver, we drafted 3 of them. Lets see how they do this year before throwing stones or deciding that we needed someone else instead. All of the guys right now are totally unproven and haven't taken a snap in the NFL.

brady is a bitch that plays in a modified spread offense that allows any QB to look good. look at what matt cassel did, and he hadn't played since high school.

Manning and brees are the legit QBs in the league, not tom (oh my god i was breathed on throw a flag) brady

I would take Brady over either one, assuming he is fully recovered from his injury. The man is money when the game is on the line, best in that regard since Montana.

I can't imagine Clausen holding out. As others have said, no leverage. Also, his family has money already. Even if his agent plays hard ball, it'll only be a small difference in income. His best bet is to not miss a single practice and work his butt off. He's gonna be a great QB and his 2nd contract is when he'll get what he's worth. Still can't believe he's a Panther....good times ahead

Bruce Nelson was the 2nd round pick in 2002 and briefly held out, so it has happened before.

But Clausen is in a real P-R battle right now and isn't going to do anything to swing momentum back towards the image of him being a jerk. If he is smart, he will sign his 4 year contract and if he plays his way into the starting role next season, then he can sign an extension then.

Crabtree held out because he felt he was a better receiver than the Raiders WR pick(darius heyward bey?) and wanted to be paid equal/better.

Clausen was picked almost a full round after the last quarterback taken so it's not gonna happen.

Guy has been trying to rebuild his image the entire summer. He holds out and he's going to be swimming in diva stories. He also went to a team where he's in a very, VERY good position.. especially in a year or two.

Unless we really f**k his contract up, no way he holds out.

Edit: basically what pf49 just said.

I would take Brady over either one, assuming he is fully recovered from his injury. The man is money when the game is on the line, best in that regard since Montana.

I am not sure that Brady would have nearly the success that he has if he were in a different offensive system.

The Matt Cassell incident really dropped Brady's stock in a lot of people's eyes. As another poster said, Matt came in after not playing QB since High School and took the Patriots to an 11-5 record....only to be traded to KC and be marginal at best again.

The patriots offensive system is VERY QB friendly and is set up to provide the QB with great stats.

Don't get me wrong, Brady is a hell of a player. But, I would definitely take Manning or Brees over Brady any day of the week.

if he holds out then that would just show how ignorant our FO is, we had Golden Tate and Taylor Mays on the board and we chose a projected top 5 QB who is gonna demand big money. We should just drafted Tate and let Clausen fall and loose more money. Yea he was BPA, but not a position that we had major need at...all around it was just a dumb pick especially since J.R. is going cheap this year
you are retarded. Carolina needs a franchise QB. Clausen is our guy and a awesome steal

if clausen holds out its all hurneys fault!11!

he would be stupid to hold out..it's not like he's gonna start anyway

wtf bro. I like moore but clausen is a hoss. Look at the teams in the superbowl..... Who were the QBs? Um peyton manning and that fine young male drew brees. Two pretty damn good QBs. They built there franchise around them couse they put up numbers and could win games by themselves. Moore is a dude who I can only see manage the game.

don't see clausen holding out this year, he really wants to come in and learn and put himself in the best position to play as soon as possible, the panthers will more than likely sign him to a contract with alot incentives based on playing time & performance

Archived