• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

will Jimmy Clausen hold out?

89bottomline

does anybody else get the feeling that when it comes time for training camp that Jimmy Clausen will hold out for top dollar? kind of like Crabtree holding out last season because he wanted top 5 money even though he wasnt drafted top 5,but he thought he should get top 5 money b/c he was PROJECTED to be top 5. Clausen strikes me as the type that would do the same thing.Before the draft he thought he was top 5 and was looking for 40-50 million. then he fell i dont see him signing for 3-5 million

Beason held out because Hurney was offering a non-traditional option bonus. Crabtree held out for 4 slots difference in pay.

Clausen could hold out for, say, the same pay as the Bills second rounder or if he gets an odd contract offer. It would be a monumentally dumb move as it would destroy any chance of starting this year, be that remote or not; however, dumber things have happened.

Now if he tries to get first round money? He should get a CAT scan to see if his hair gel is actually just his brain leaked out of his skull.

if he holds out then that would just show how ignorant our FO is, we had Golden Tate and Taylor Mays on the board and we chose a projected top 5 QB who is gonna demand big money. We should just drafted Tate and let Clausen fall and loose more money. Yea he was BPA, but not a position that we had major need at...all around it was just a dumb pick especially since J.R. is going cheap this year

if he holds out then that would just show how ignorant our FO is, we had Golden Tate and Taylor Mays on the board and we chose a projected top 5 QB who is gonna demand big money. We should just drafted Tate and let Clausen fall and loose more money. Yea he was BPA, but not a position that we had major need at...all around it was just a dumb pick especially since J.R. is going cheap this year

Kalil was BPA when we didn't have a major need as were Connor amd Stewart. Going BPA is never a dumb move. Even if the pick won't pay off immediately.

Kalil was BPA when we didn't have a major need as were Connor amd Stewart. Going BPA is never a dumb move. Even if the pick won't pay off immediately.

I agree, but the talent at positions that we absolutely needed and passed on for clausen was a dumb move. Clausen could be great in the NFL but if Moore continues to play at an all pro level then Clausen will be great for another team, we shoulda drafted around matt moore not to replace him. If we had smitty and tate on the outside and traded up for edwards then moore would have more weapons to help make him great. I just didn't understand the concept of the pick, I was prepared to here tate"s name announced and when clausens name was mentioned it was like a slap in the face to Moore and it didn't help smitty out either.

Well yea cuz their heads were stuck soo far up delhommes ass...moore showed promise with no weapons around him. Imagine if he did have more than one above average or average receiver, he could possibly do great things. That being said Clausen could be the same way, but if all the rookies don't pan out as expected and we throw clausen in there without weapons he could look like delhomme also...Unless Clausen is the next Manning or Brady (who will be elite no matter the receivers/tight ends they have) he could be another bust QB for our team. That's just my realistic opinion. He needs a year to sit out and if moore's play declines from last year at least we will have a high draft pick to address the needs to build around Clausen.

Shut up

Archived