• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 3ds

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Alrighty then....here's the first line up of games that will take advantage of the 3D tech that Nintendo unveiled today. For the record, I have no idea how it works (light diffusement of some kind), but according to a buddy who is at E3...it works fantastically.

Anyway, here's the games.

Activision

DJ Hero 3D

AQ Interactive

Cubic Ninja

Atlus

Shin Megami Tensei

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom

Resident Evil Revelations

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (name not final)

Electronic Arts

FIFA

Madden NFL

The Sims 3

Gameloft

Asphalt GT

Harmonix

unnamed music game

Hudson

unnamed Bomberman game

unnamed Sports Island game

unnamed Kororinpa game

Konami

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"

Pro Evolution Soccer

unnamed Contra game

unnamed baseball game

Level-5

Professor Layton And The Mask Of Miracle (name not final)

Majesco

BloodRayne: The Shroud

A Boy and His Blob

Face Racers: Photo Finish

Lion’s Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti

Martha Stewart

WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous

Harvest Moon 3D (name not final)

Namco Bandai

Ridge Racer (name not final)

Pac-Man & Galga (name not final)

unnamed Dragon Ball game

unnamed Gundam game

unnamed Super Robot Wars game

Nintendo

Animal Crossing

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Mario Kart

Nintendogs + Cats

Paper Mario

PilotWings Resort

Star Fox 64 3D

Steel Diver

Rocket

Crash-City GP

VS-robo

Sega

Sonic (name not final)

Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

Square Enix

Codename: Chocobo Racing 3D

unnamed Dragon Quest game

unnamed Final Fantasy game

unnamed Kingdom Hearts game

Take-Two Interactive

unnamed Carnival Games title

Tecmo Koei

Dead Or Alive 3D (name not final)

Dynasty Warriors (name not final)

Ninja Gaiden (name not final)

Samurai Warriors 3D (name not final)

Tomy

Lovely Lisa 3D

Naruto Shippuden Action

THQ

de Blob 2

Kung Fu Panda: Kaboom Of Doom

Marvel Super Hero Squad: Infinity Gauntlet

The Penguins Of Madagascar

Puss N Boots

Saints Row: Drive-By

Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy

Battle Of Giants: Dinosaur Strike

Driver: Renegade

Hollywood 61 (name not final)

Ghost Recon

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Warner Bros.

unnamed Batman game

unnamed Lego game

It gets lost in the list...but I can't imagine Martha Stewart in 3D being a good thing.

Does that account for the adjustable depth?

Yea, it's the reason that the device is able to adjust depth. I'm not 100% sure how the adjustable depth works, my guess that by moving the slider the screen then alters one of the images sent to your one of your eyes and then the brain overlaps the two images and that alters the depth to certain degrees.

Able to install full games on the 3ds???? No more bringing carts with you or switching them out????

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099734p1.html

Quote:

But Nintendo may have kept quiet on one of the biggest features straight through E3. Today's Nihon Keizai Shimbun details what appears to be a software install feature for the system.

According to the financial paper, 3DS owners will be able to install software to internal memory. You can install multiple games simultaneously. Doing so will eliminate the need to swap out cartridges when switching games. Instead, you just select your next title from the main system menu.

Staying on the 3ds, here's a graphical comparison of similar ds to 3ds games..

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099732p1.html

Looks really close to xbox1 visuals on most games, biggest teller is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time has been rumored to receive a remake on the 3DS.

It's not a rumor, It's been confirmed. They showed it off behind closed doors.

Here's an interview on all things Zelda from E3.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099435p2.html

IGN: I think one of the big surprises at the show was the 3DS. We knew the new Wii Zelda was happening -- you showed some artwork for it last year. But the 3DS showing Ocarina of Time 3D, that was a big surprise. I think it excited people. I was wondering if you could talk about some of the ideas you have. Not just adding depth, but some of the gameplay elements we might see. Will it be a direct port, or an enhanced game?

Aonuma: We've talked about remixing Ocarina of Time for a long time, saying "should we remake Ocarina of Time for Wii?" And, to be honest, I said no. I didn't want to just re-release it on a different platform -- I wanted to have a specific reason to remake Ocarina of Time. I didn't want to just make a port. And so I was waiting for something to come along that would not only help us to retell the story, but improve upon it. Making it different, more unique in its own way. Now, with 3D, we're able to take the environments of Hyrule and add depth -- giving them a more expansive feeling, a more immersive feeling. In addition to that, now that we have the 3D we can looking forward to new ways to implement 3D into the gameplay and make it fresh and new. And we also have the motion sensors that are built-in to the Nintendo 3DS. So we're looking at quite a few ways to make the gameplay more immersive, more natural, more accessible. So again, not just a port -- but a retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it.

I kinda feel bad for Eiji Aonuma, all he can really do at this point at Nintendo is Zelda.... Would get really boring to work on the same thing over and over again.

So here's a thought....will developers be able to use the depth of field in the actual gameplay?

For instance, Contra. Will I be able to jump towards and away from the player in that side scrolling goodness? I'm sure there are other ways that could be implemented, but that's the first one that comes to mind.

Archived