• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Haynesworth Demands Trade; Refuses to attend mandatory minicamp

Fiz

no trade will be necessary to any team that wants him latest reports say the redskins are about to flat out release him

Then we should get on the horn and get him cheap. His deal isn't bad really like others pointed out. I know we are having a youth movement but getting this guy, hate him or not, gives us a legit threat that other teams have to compensate for, even if he isn't dominate that game (much like Peppers) he has to be usually double teamed. It'll be good to have pressure off our young guys who are trying to make a name for themselves (Johnson, Brown). The fact is, character issues are on every team, sometimes you have to deal with them. We dealt with Smith and maybe Haynesworth just needs a coaching staff like ours.

I don't blame him for being upset though, it seems like the Redskins got him to sign a incentive laden contract for things you earn in a 4-3 and then the next year changed it (as if they almost KNEW this would happen).

He's the same age as Peppers, who the Panthers wanted to keep, and he would more than make up for the loss of Peppers. Pressure up the middle trumps pressure from the edges every time, not to mention the run stopping capability Haynesworth would bring to this team. If he is released, this is a no brainer, IMO.

Trade the Redskins for an overrated, overpriced malcontent DT who only performs his best in contract years?

Great idea :sosp:

gilbert-sean-1-cap.jpg

Mr. Scot, I usually agree with you on most issues, but not this one. If you look at his career stats, he has actually been pretty consistent when he's healthy, and I believe he has a legitimate gripe with the Skins, since he can't possibly reach his incentives by playing NT in a 3-4 defense, which is a position he's never played anyway. I believe he would be very content if he came to the Panthers.

The Gilbert debacle has nothing to do with this situation.

If I were Snyder this is my speech:

We are sorry that Albert has decided not to join us for mandatory camp. We hope that he will show up for Training Camp, and hope that he is in shape. Albert is going to play football for the Washington Redskins in 2010. He is under contract to do so. We will not trade him, and if he does not play for the Washington Redskins, he will be forced to retire.

This is not Bruce Allen, nor Mike Shannahan's choice to make, this is my choice. I have paid Albert to play for the Washington Redskins, not the 4-3, or the Shannahan's, but the Washington Redskins. Albert will play for us this year, or retire from the NFL.

If Albert decides to retire, and that is his right, I have much more money than him to hire lawyers to recoup much of the money that I have already paid him for services to be rendered.

I will not be answering any questions at this time.

He's a douche. $100 million contract and he's bitching about the defensive scheme.

Get a real job dickhead and cry me a river.

Your point would be valid if it was... valid. Sure, he is going to make a ton of money, but he won't get close to that $100 million if he can't perform and get the incentives.

I'm not so sure that JR won't at least consider this one, because it would be such a huge instant upgrade for his team...especially if Haynesworth is released outright. Just look at how Hollis Thomas played at 35yrs old last year. Haynesworth is still in his prime and it's not at all unreasonable to expect him to still be very effective 5 years from now.

Trade the Redskins for an overrated, overpriced malcontent DT who only performs his best in contract years?

Great idea :sosp:

gilbert-sean-1-cap.jpg

Over priced maybe but he is not overrated. His stats are better then Kris Jenkins and comparable to Kevin Williams.

Everyone keeps saying he needs to take the money and play.

He already took the money in the form of 21 million in April. The Redskins said that he could work out any trade he wanted before April but once he took the money that he would become their main bottom bitch.

Hanyesworth got paid, now he just want to sit on his ass an eat potatoe chips.

I know our DTs suck, but yall want a greedy face stomping, leaves one of the top rated defenses in Tenessee for money, on our team? If we wanted Haynseworth we could have just signed 100 million for Peppers, atleast he don't stomp faces.

Archived