• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Haynesworth Demands Trade; Refuses to attend mandatory minicamp

Fiz

Actually, I believe he would love it here because he would instantly be the star of the D-line and he would be playing the same position he played in Tennessee, so he would be much more comfortable. He would definitely make our defense a top 5 unit, that's for sure.

Even though I'm not panicking over the loss of our average DT's from last year, I would be all for this move. I don't see Mr. Richardson allowing it though.

Dude, he's better than any DT the Panthers have ever had besides Kris Jenkins.

He was better, but do you think he would put forth enough effort/work in order for him to even be somewhat good here? He is a malcontent everywhere he goes, and a punk that kicks helmet-less players in the face for no reason.

He was better, but do you think he would put forth enough effort/work in order for him to even be somewhat good here? He is a malcontent everywhere he goes, and a punk that kicks helmet-less players in the face for no reason.

He really hasn't done anything worse that what Smitty has done more than once in his career, and from what I've seen, Haynesworth played his ass off when he was healthy last year. The guy had like 37 tackles and 4 sacks in only 12 games...those are pro bowl numbers.

Hell no, he was never even dominant in the first place. And look at that GD contract, I wouldn't ever trade for him.

Yep agreed. Haynesworth was more about being mean. If you ask me, the cleats to Dallas Center/Guard Andre Gurode's face skyrocketed his stock for no good reason at all.

Overpriced and overrated, noooo thank you.

You guys that think Haynesworth has never dominated must not watch much NFL football. He's better against the run than Kemo, and he is strong enough and quick enough to get pressure up the middle even when he gets double teamed. Do you guys realize just how hard it is to find a guy who plays that way in a 4-3 defense, or how valuable it is when you do find that guy?

I can understand why people would not like him based on the head stomping thing, but how many of you were screaming for the Panthers to trade Smitty after he sucker punched a teammate who was down on his knees? At least with Haynesworth, it was a one time thing.

He really hasn't done anything worse that what Smitty has done more than once in his career, and from what I've seen, Haynesworth played his ass off when he was healthy last year. The guy had like 37 tackles and 4 sacks in only 12 games...those are pro bowl numbers.

Sure Smitty punched Ken Lucas in the face, but he's never been a malcontent and he's never been a problem in the Locker Room. Even considering that, Smitty is a way better player than Al.

From what I've seen he has never been as good as advertised, especially during the 2008 season. He had a pro bowl year to be sure, but he was never as dominant as people made him out to be in my opinion. I'm just a fan, but if I were the FO I would laugh at the idea of trading for him.

But I don't know anything so take what you will from that.

Man is only a year into a ridiculous incentive laden contract. If he didn't want to end up on a team that would revert to a 3-4, he should have made that clear in his contract.

The Redskins gave him seriously awesome money and he was injured last year and did not suit up the entire season. Don't assume that I am of the mindset that he would not be awesome on our team but I am not much for players who start poo like this and are not intending to honor their contracts and are establishing a pattern of being malcontents (see Titans and Redskins for reference). We have our own history with similar types.

I see him whining in the press while I bust my ass in a real job for not even a pittance of what he makes and feel like that's total bullpoo. I am posting at lunch...for a few brief minutes of news.

They guys weighs 350lbs and he has 28 career sacks and 23 passes defenced in 102 games. I don't see how you can be much more dominate than that as a DT.

The only problem is that he has only played 16 games once in his career (although he has never played less than 10 so that's not so bad), he's almost 30 (which is mainly just a problem for the Panthers), and he has a bit of an attitude. I wouldn't even be that worried about the contract since the Skins have already played about 1/3rd of the total value, and contracts can always be restructured anyway.

The bottom line is that he would easily make the Panthers defense a top 10 (or better) unit, but his age and attitude will most likely keep the Panthers away.

Archived