• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PS3 or Xbox 360?

hepcat

What is better about Xbox Live's online play? Not saying I disagree, I just honestly don't know. I have a PS3 and I play online just fine. Is Xbox Live more internety?

XBox live is just smoother and more stable. They've been at it longer so they just plain do it better. Everything on XBL is just better than PS3. I think PS3 is probably getting better, I don't own one I just hear from what the people I know who own one tell me.

I haven't played xbox in a while. It broke a while ago and I wasn't a huge enough gamer to turn around and fix it or buy another. I might buy one for halo reach. I really like the PS3 too though, the developers finally figured out how to make games on it.

If you wanna do PC that's a good option too. It's a lot more money than consoles. Console's lifetimes are getting longer so it just makes the gap even bigger.

You will spend around 500-1000 dollars initially and then maybe around 300 bucks about 3-4 years later to update your system. After another year or two you will spend another 500-1000 dollars to build a new system.

Long term you can keep costs down if you get a really nice case and PSU. Also knowing when to buy is key.

Get a ps3.

If you're going to only occasionally play games, get online every now and then, and use it as a media console, ps3 is the one for you.

If you plan on playing a lot and being a more serious gamer aka online and stuff. You'll find a lot more serious gamers on the 360 than the ps3. and a lot of nerdy whiny little kids who get their moms to pay for their monthly subscription of xbl and OD on Mountain Dew and twizzlers running around in their boxers screaming LOLOLOL U GOT TROLL'D, PWNT n00b when they're on YOUR team. I doubt you wanna deal with that if you only get on like once a week.

so yeah, get the ps3.

for the record, i am a proud owner of an xbox 360.

Get a ps3.

If you're going to only occasionally play games, get online every now and then, and use it as a media console, ps3 is the one for you.

If you plan on playing a lot and being a more serious gamer aka online and stuff. You'll find a lot more serious gamers on the 360 than the ps3. and a lot of nerdy whiny little kids who get their moms to pay for their monthly subscription of xbl and OD on Mountain Dew and twizzlers running around in their boxers screaming LOLOLOL U GOT TROLL'D, PWNT n00b when they're on YOUR team. I doubt you wanna deal with that if you only get on like once a week.

so yeah, get the ps3.

for the record, i am a proud owner of an xbox 360.

That's why you just set up your xbl to only hear people on your friend's list lol.

Going to the store after work tomorrow....verdict?

PS3. Seamonk's logic is valid. I only want to unwind after a long day at work with some sweet games. First game I'm getting is FIFA South Africa 10. Been playing it a lot over at my buddy's house on his PS3. Kinda got hooked. Online play with it isn't so bad either. Might try out Metal Gear Solid 4.

Going to the store after work tomorrow....verdict?

PS3. Seamonk's logic is valid. I only want to unwind after a long day at work with some sweet games. First game I'm getting is FIFA South Africa 10. Been playing it a lot over at my buddy's house on his PS3. Kinda got hooked. Online play with it isn't so bad either. Might try out Metal Gear Solid 4.

Make sure you get The Show, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, rent Uncharted, rent God of War 3, rent Heavenly Sword, rent Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2, and give the Just Cause 2 demo a try on PSN....

Also some fun PSN games are Battlefield 1943, Super Stardust, Pixel Junk Shooter, Pixel Junk Eden, Heavy Weapon and Pixel Junk Monsters....

Oh and DEFINITELY try out MGS4......

Archived