• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PS3 or Xbox 360?

hepcat

I need some friendly banter back and forth for which system to get. Right now I'm leaning PS3, because I've had a 360 before and sold it when I needed money. I've got a good job now and I can afford to get a system again. The Blu-Ray player in the PS3 makes it really appealing, but I really a fan of the Xbox 360 games, like Halo and Call of Duty. But most games come on both...

Which should I go for?

It depends on what you will be doing on it. I have an xbox and love it. I also play online a few hours a week so its worth it to me to have a better online platform. I would also consider what your friends have. Ex. If they are all on P3 get that, if they are on xbox get that. Its way more fun to play with friends than alone.

P3 has the blueray player but its pretty much an obsolete technology already. Online streaming is already in HD so pretty much watching DVD/Blueray is going the way of beta max.

Blue ray still has some years left in it's tank, I will say however that If it's available I more then likely lean towards a digital copy of a hd movie since it's usually about 10 dollars cheaper. Online streaming and HD digital downloads will eventually blaze past Blueray just the way Blue ray will/has DVD.

Like everyone said above it's what your going to do with, if you play online a lot or what your friends have and so forth that would decided which one is the best bet for yourself.

Couple friends have 360, couple have PS3. It's really a draw in that department. Either way, when we go over to each others houses, being on the "other" system isn't an excuse for losing, so it doesn't matter in that regard...haha! I can see what you're saying about Blu-Ray, but still, I don't really watch any full newish release movies online in HD.

There's things I like about both consoles, and price is kind of a wash. The only thing motivating me right now is my friend has a broken 360 he hasn't gotten around to fixing, and he said if I end up getting a 360, he'll lend me all his games until he gets it fixed, and he's got some good ones. FIFA South Africa, Madden '10, Gears of War 2, to name a few.

Just my opinion, but if you only get one I'd get a 360. I just have too many friends on Live and enjoy the service. If you don't plan on paying for Gold, or don't have many/any friends on XBox get a PS3. It has better exclusives and a Blu Ray player.

Both are great though. Don't choose. I think they compliment each other nicely.

If you have the money get both, it's the only true way to enjoy the best games. If you can only afford one I prefer the PS3 for its exclusives. *hears jimbo coming in as I type this comment*.....

What is better about Xbox Live's online play? Not saying I disagree, I just honestly don't know. I have a PS3 and I play online just fine. Is Xbox Live more internety?

If you have friends that play online a lot, the 360 is better simply because of cross game party chat. You can set up a party when playing a game and you will only hear the people in your party. The best use from me has been for BC2 where you can actually have 2 squads in the same party, essentially making an 8 man squd. Man, we bulldozed some people like that. You can also chat with friends who are playing different games.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot of difference. Live might cost money but it comes out to about 3.50 a month. Peanuts.

More people on xbox live...if you're into multiplayer gaming.

If you're into buying Blu-Ray movies...then I'd suggest the PS3.

I think everything else is pretty equal. Both can stream, although the xbox will connect to windows workstations/servers a bit easier and can tap into windows media servers if you have one setup.

Archived