• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My plan to make soccer watchable

Matt Foley

Smaller fields.

maybe...but you'd have to look at smaller teams than too...even as it is, the defense can plug things up pretty quick!

As meathead himself said earlier...indoor soccer is a great mix!

It's not real big yet, but here we play a bastardized version of it with boards...it's essentially a hockey rink with field turf instead of ice and the boards are in play....very fast and high scoring.

This.

KIckers, QB's, and receiver's all flop in the NFL. Basketball people are flopping all the time trying to get charges. It's another lame dig at soccer. Some form of flopping is in all sports.

No, this is another lame deflection by a soccer fan. Some form of flopping is in all sports, but some form of flopping is present multiple times in every soccer game. The difference is, when someone flops in football, he is scrutinized at the media, and pointed out as a coward, and when it affects the outcome of the game, there is an outrage. In soccer, taking a dive it so common, it's just understood to be a part of the game.

And if Tom Brady has his way, and starts hopping around on one leg every game begging for a roughing call, then I'll stop watching American football too.

maybe...but you'd have to look at smaller teams than too...even as it is, the defense can plug things up pretty quick!

As meathead himself said earlier...indoor soccer is a great mix!

It's not real big yet, but here we play a bastardized version of it with boards...it's essentially a hockey rink with field turf instead of ice and the boards are in play....very fast and high scoring.

Hockey is faster, with a smaller playing field as well. They wouldn't have to decrease the size of the field by 50% or anything, just shrink it down to promote conflict. Hockey is everything soccer should be. :D

This is what I think of every time I try to watch a soccer game:

I drafted a letter for you to send:

Dear FIFA,

Please alienate your hundreds of millions of loyal fans who have shelled out tons of cash to support your sport for a handful of arrogant Americans who can't be bothered to spend a couple of weeks to understand the rules or tactics of your 100 + year old sport.

Thanks,

Meat

So now everybody gets a trophy? The scoring is the American thirst. More scoring doesn't equal a better game.

The older I got when playing, the harder a goal was to come by, thus it was ALL the more sweeter when you did score.

The way it's set up, each possession is extremely valuable, every shot crucial, every possible 50/50 ball could be the one bad call that decides the game.

A set piece with just the right angle in is awesome.

Do we want bigger holes on the golf course?

Why do you think the NFL even considered moving the goal posts CLOSER together. They get it.

Archived