• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Hate Mustard

tarheelpride

Marinades that have a little mustard can be delicious with steak.

No doubt, but using mustard like you would a steak sauce (although a properly prepared steak will need no sauce) is just not something I'd do.

Really??? I'm astounded by the amount of anti-mustard sentiment around here. Mustard is very versatile and comes in many varieties for pretty much any situation.

Yellow mustard - burgers, dogs

Dijion/Horseradish mustard - Deli-style sandwichs

Guilden's - Brats/other bunned sausages

Honey mustard - chicken sandwiches, nuggets, strips

Mustard is also an excellent ingredient to include in your fish and/or chicken marinades as well.

Carolina style hot dog = Chili, MUSTARD, onions, and optional slaw.

Does this mean that you guys don't like mustard-based bbq sauce? If so, then you can go ahead and leave the carolinas.

http://brewpot.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/is-there-a-perfect-beer-why-is-there-40-kinds-of-mustard-and-only-one-type-of-ketchup/

That’s why nowadays you have 40 types of chips, and 40 types of salsa and all this variety.. but why only 1 type of ketchup (Heinz)? The reason is two fold; 1. Heinz ketchup hits all 5 of your tastes buds: salty, sweet, sour, bitter and umami (a savoryness best tasted as the thickness in chicken soup) which very foods do, and you start using it as a toddler during those crucial years when everything you taste, usually you enjoy for the rest of your life. As your parents give you a new food, you can create some certainty by adding ketchup to the flavor of it. Also, the flavors are so well blended together in ketchup, that it is very hard to distinguish between the different flavors themselves. Since you don’t taste any one flavor in ketchup, your palate never grows tired of it.

Ketchup is the perfect food

To be honest, I've never been a big fan of the mustard-based sauces and I've been living in southeastern North Carolina my entire life. BBQ is supposed to have apple cider vinegar and plenty of red pepper in it, among other things.

Archived