• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

He sold it all for a Lambo

TheSaint

"I'd eat ramen noodles to pay for gasoline, just to avoid the monotony of being stuck in four walls."

Damn I love that quote. I hate my four walls, sometimes -- but then, don't we all? I certainly couldn't do what this guy did, but I applaud him for it.

Lamborghini should repair his car for free -- he's great publicity for them. Who else is going to drive a Lambo from coast to coast like that?

I'm a little shocked that the gallardo crapped out so soon. This isn't 1960 anymore they should be more reliable than that. Then again google "gallardo"

and "fire" and you'll see many pictures.

Reading about the engineering flaws in 60's lambos are hilarious. Like the Miura.

It was a supercar designed by the guy who designed the mini and he was just a kid.

Every now and then the fuel lines would come loose and spray gasoline all over the hot engine block. Good times.

The Radiator was higher than the plumbing lines so air bubbles constantly formed and it would overheat in about 25 mins.

The Fuel tank was mounted almost above the front axel so when you started to get low on fuel you would have little control of the car. Even worse if you were traveling at high speed the car would try to take off.

Archived