• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Water fasting...

Samuel L. Jackson

I'm pretty much at 12 hours right now... So far so good... I battled past the urge to get a biscuit (no pun intended) on the way to work, and those hunger pangs have subsided... If I can make it through lunch, I think I'll be over the first big obstacle...

When I get home will be the next... a preggo wife at home and not much in the pantry that she currently finds tasty... I might have to make a run to a drive thru or something, and not ordering myself something will be a major major victory...

It's really hard the whole time, it doesn't become easy. I can go with out eating a lot of fun foods but its the hunger pains and the headaches that are hard to push through.

Explain it to me... how is this good for you? When you fast, your body consumes your muscles before it starts consuming fat.

Not necessarily... It burns of the reserve nutrients in your body, including those stored in the sugary form of fat reserves...

Eventually, it'll start burning muscle, but it naturally hits fat first...

I'm not really doing this to burn fat as much as I am to prepare myself to burn fat... What I mean is, this cleans out and gives your entire digestive system a rest... Your body expels toxins such as oils and residual fats stuck in your digestive tracts... Even your skin will push out oils via blemishes and acne at first, but then it clears up...

Your gums and teeth, your hair, your skin, and your mind all benefit greatly from this sort of thing... or so I read...

If I can make it through 3 days of this, it should have me prepared mentally and physically to eat better, and be more active...

Archived