• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gary Coleman's ex-wife takes pics next to his dead body and gets paid

Dpantherman

Poor guy, he was born with great comedic timing and a health condition that allowed him to play younger roles and that got turned into a great early career. Or so it looked from the outside.

Think about the fact that this guy was still just a kid when he was the biggest and best thing on TV. His parents were more than happy to shill him out and then take pretty much all of his money. Now surround him with the kind of folks that ran TV networks back then (they ain't much better now) and then after its over every piece of crap parasite that can get to him makes a play for fame and fortune off of him.

Poor guy. He coulda had everything, should have and would have, had there been one honest person around him in his teens and twenties. Couple that with every transgression or minor altercation in his life being the fodder of tabloids and you can imagine this guy just felt hunted, abused and hated.

He was the little kid that made us laugh and when he quit laughing, society made him into the punchline, literally and figuratively. He went from the adorable kid to the runt of the American litter -- people just seemed to enjoy seeing him smacked down.

Gary, sorry it all happened to you, we should have been better.

Anyone remember the Dale Earnhardt Autopsy photos the guy wanted to sell? (At the time anyone could get a copy of autopsy photos, all you had to do is ask.) How sick it that!

You know some fans would have paid for them!

I think he was going to put them on ebay, or copies of them on ebay. The Earnhardt Family had to go to court to get an injunction. The Florida court ruled that while it wasn't illegal for the guy to get the pics, it was illegal for him to distribute them and gain from them monetarily.

(I believe that Florida changed that from then on, autopsy photos were distributed on a need to know basis. Known as the Dale Earnhardt Rule.)

Poor guy, he was born with great comedic timing and a health condition that allowed him to play younger roles and that got turned into a great early career. Or so it looked from the outside.

Think about the fact that this guy was still just a kid when he was the biggest and best thing on TV. His parents were more than happy to shill him out and then take pretty much all of his money. Now surround him with the kind of folks that ran TV networks back then (they ain't much better now) and then after its over every piece of crap parasite that can get to him makes a play for fame and fortune off of him.

Poor guy. He coulda had everything, should have and would have, had there been one honest person around him in his teens and twenties. Couple that with every transgression or minor altercation in his life being the fodder of tabloids and you can imagine this guy just felt hunted, abused and hated.

He was the little kid that made us laugh and when he quit laughing, society made him into the punchline, literally and figuratively. He went from the adorable kid to the runt of the American litter -- people just seemed to enjoy seeing him smacked down.

Gary, sorry it all happened to you, we should have been better.

I agree 100% with this post, however, he could have disappeared out of the spot light if he wanted to. I think I remember watching him on a VH1 reality show maybe a while back....The show made it a point to make fun of him, but whatever, he got paid right? His situation kind of reminds me of Verne Troyer AKA Mini Me.

Anyway, RIP little guy...

Archived