• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Near death experience

Squirrel

I used to work at a gokart park that had a bungee swing. I did the swing every day(since it was free to employees) so it was no big deal. This time I was on my way to the top, and when I hit the top I pulled the cord and nothing happened. Everyone below had this panicked on their face and I'm sitting there over 100 feet in the air and thinking I'm about to fall. They slowly pull me down and turns out they put my harness on wrong.

Another was when I was surfing. A storm was far off the coast producing insane waves, and I'm not exactly the best surfer so I definitely shouldn't have been out there. Anyways, I got thrown off my board and the wave spun me around underwater and I lost my sense of direction. Didn't know which way was up so I was going crazy underwater trying to get up lol. You really look like an idiot jumping out of water yelling trying to get a breath.

2 that i can think of

high school, i tried to sit on the side of a pool, slipped, hit a cartwheel, and went into 13 ft of water. I can't swim....at all. this one girl saved me.

one night, decided it would be fun to get drunk and go out. i don't remember anything from that night and woke up in my bed, with the room looking like hell.

there's plenty of times as well i got whooped by my mom, dad, and aunts where i thought i was going to die....if that counts

Just one that comes to mind.

Driving on a bus to a baseball game. Go over some railroad tracks, and it looked all clear because the posts weren't down or even coming down. We start going over the track and we hear a train horn and I look out the window and there is a train coming right at us. I'm in the back of bus and the train just barley misses us.

EDIT: Oh one more.

I can't swim.

At a friends house who had a pool. Being the dumb ass I am I though the whole pool was shallow. Jump in the deep end and start to panic. I literally hit the bottom of the pool and just started walking up to the shallow end. How the fug I held my breath for that long is still beyond me.

Remind me not to stand near or ride with, either of them!

Worse thing about me is that I have been diagnosed with Sleep disorder and stop breathing about 20 times a night.

20 times a night? Hell thats great! My breathing was clocked in at stopping 96 times an hour.

Archived