• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Near death experience

Squirrel

Like actually almost dying, having to be revived, etc., none... doing something really stupid that could have lead to death, quite a few.

Not almost dying but could have died but some how not by luck.

Here is a few of mine.

Pulled from a moving car down the intestate.

My mother rolled a car over the hill while she was pregnant with me.

Flipped a car 2 1/2 times no seatbelt and thrown into the back seat I was driving.

involved in head on collision with a van.

Stuck in Ship Creek mud up to my knees with the tide coming in.

Stuck on the side of a mountain a mile from camp in the middle of snow storm and hypothermia setting in.

Horse tried to kick me in the head missed inches.

Closed calls that could have went either way.

My dad and I were changing the plug on his dryer and I decided to see if the new one fit in the socket... it did, and the circuit was on. I was standing about 2" from the wires on the other end of the plug... scared the sh*t out of me.

I had the same thing happen except I was holding the wires. Blew me half way across the room. I sizzled for awhile after that.

I was also run over by a 3/4 ton van when I was about 13. Hit the side of it while riding my bike (he turned in front of me) and slid underneath...ran over both my legs. I was up and walking around and just asked the cops to give me a ride home and they wouldn't...paramedics game and took my shoe off and I had a compound fracture. Remember seeing the bone sticking out of my foot and that was about it......

Had my Chevelle stall on the train tracks with the train coming. My two friends jumped out but I stayed in tryiing to get it restarted. It started back up with the train about 100 yards away. Weird experience.

Fell into an icy pond, my friends dad ran out and rescued me using a ladder.

Pretty sure my wife has tried to smother me on numerous occasions while sleeping. I lived through each one I think.

Think that is about it....

In high school, I was chilling in a masonry class when we had a substitute and book-work... I put my hands under my chair and was feeling along the underside of it... I felt a spider web, so I got up and turned the chair over to find the largest black widow I have ever seen in my life...

While fishing one time, I pretty much stepped right on top of a cottonmouth... Thankfully, he chose to lunge into the water instead of me...

I was indirectly hit by lightning once, while standing in water barefooted in my mom's basement... It hit about 50-75 yards away and lit my feet up like a strobe light, throwing me on my back...

I stuck the end of a phone cord into my mouth while the other end was still plugged into the socket... This was when I learned that phone lines use electricity too...

Out of boredom one Saturday morning as a kid, I stuck my finger into a lamp socket and turned on the switch... I had no idea it would shock me, but found out it would... I couldn't taste anything for the rest of the week...

I got my first shotgun when I was about 13... My dad got it for me for Xmas... It is a Russian make, and has a funky load/cock/fire action... Dad was going to show me how it worked, and mistakenly had the firing pin set to fire when the breach was closed... He had a shell in the barrell, closed the breach, and shot #8 shot through his living room wall and into the back of his shower... If I had been standing a mere 2 feet in a different direction, I would have been directly in front of the barrell...

Being born with asthma and crazy allergies, I have always been at risk for respiratory issues... I survived severe pneumonia twice before I was 5... Both episodes required lengthy hospital stays...

I fell into the Neuse River and almost got sucked under a fallen tree because of the strong post-rainstorm current...

That is all I can think of right now...

One where I had to be revived. Strange events led to it and my stupidity sealed the deal. I was reveived by a friend I went to HS with and he was filling in for our team's medic.

Plenty of others where I should have died but instead I fought and got rewarded...

One where I had to be revived. Strange events led to it and my stupidity sealed the deal. I was reveived by a friend I went to HS with and he was filling in for our team's medic.

Plenty of others where I should have died but instead I fought and got rewarded...

so, is there a god?

Archived