• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poker hand i was just in...how do you play this.

TheSaint

the Rush tournys are fun. I was playing the $4 135 person SnG earlier today. I ended up having to leave to take my baby to the ER.

got home and i had placed 13th and cashed..lol

i think i was in top 20 when i got up to leave.

$4.40 180-man and the $12 180-man SnGs are the way to go on pokerstars. I don't play on Full Tilt much.

About that hand:

Basically, you're right. Early position with that kind of hand sucks. You did the right thing in raising 3BB UTG but you could've done 4BB and maybe he wouldn't have called.

What position did he call with the deuces from? I don't care that he hit a set on the flop I don't like that call pre-flop unless he's on the button or in one of the blinds so he can get in a bit cheaper. If he was in MP or something, he's a fish and you should hope that he keeps depositing so others will reap the rewards. Otherwise, with deuces, you respect the EP raise unless he knows you're super fishy and would make that raise with K10o or something. You played that hand about as well as you could... everything pretty much by the book. He donked out on you. You were 4:1 pre-flop and he got there.

Bottom line, I couldn't make that fold either.. sucks.

In other news,

I just lost my 108592th consecutive hand with JJ. Flop comes 5 7 T rainbow, I raise 2/3 pot guy shoves, I insta-call. He turns over AT and hits the A on the river.

Typical.

i automatically fold with jj...its like a hot girl that turns out to be a tranny hooker.

I would have put him on AQ or 99. You made a significant raise of $8 bringing the pot to $20, requiring $8 to win $20. At those odds, if I were him, I would put you on a solid queen, trying to create pot odds that discourages a draw to call. He should know that you aren't on a flush draw. If he reads you correctly based on your post-flop bet, then a reraise would imply that he thinks he has better top pair, two pair, or trips. If he had a high pocket pair better than top card on board (KK or the other AA combo) then he should have reraised you pre-flop to test your bet. He simply called pre-flop indicating that he had good enough hand but not a monster. He shouldn't have called your pre-flop raise with Q9, Q2, or 92 - the combinations that would have given him two pair. So that's why I wouldn't put him on two pair. So you're looking at him either flopping trips or having a top pair (from the board) with best kicker. You had to call, even if you had him accurately pegged with trips.

$4.40 180-man and the $12 180-man SnGs are the way to go on pokerstars. I don't play on Full Tilt much.

About that hand:

Basically, you're right. Early position with that kind of hand sucks. You did the right thing in raising 3BB UTG but you could've done 4BB and maybe he wouldn't have called.

What position did he call with the deuces from? I don't care that he hit a set on the flop I don't like that call pre-flop unless he's on the button or in one of the blinds so he can get in a bit cheaper. If he was in MP or something, he's a fish and you should hope that he keeps depositing so others will reap the rewards. Otherwise, with deuces, you respect the EP raise unless he knows you're super fishy and would make that raise with K10o or something. You played that hand about as well as you could... everything pretty much by the book. He donked out on you. You were 4:1 pre-flop and he got there.

Bottom line, I couldn't make that fold either.. sucks.

he was in MP

In other news,

I just lost my 108592th consecutive hand with JJ. Flop comes 5 7 T rainbow, I raise 2/3 pot guy shoves, I insta-call. He turns over AT and hits the A on the river.

Typical.

i got rivered three times yesterday in tourneys by 2 outers. i was ahead with big pairs each time. they caught the 2 cards they needed to get trips and beat me,

raise how much? If i do and he reraises all in , im pot committed and have to call anyway, so might as well put it all in

There is no such thing as "pot commited"..Once those chips are in the middle, they are not yours anymore...When somebody raises me I am too quick to push right back, which is what I would have done there. I think my initial raise would have been to $5 or so to get it going to avoid them Ace-crackers...

There is no such thing as "pot commited"..Once those chips are in the middle, they are not yours anymore...When somebody raises me I am too quick to push right back, which is what I would have done there. I think my initial raise would have been to $5 or so to get it going to avoid them Ace-crackers...

BS.

You don't ship 80% of your stack into the pot only to fold when someone else shoves.

Archived