• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your athletic achievements

Matt Foley

you couldn't make the team huh? oh well...not all chess players are complete losers

Nope, Im not gay so that automatically disqualified me from playing soccer. You musta been the team captain though, huh? :D

Nope, Im not gay so that automatically disqualified me from playing soccer. You musta been the team captain though, huh? :D

assistant...we had this one flamer on the team...he was almost embarrassing really!

Atheltics?

I was hopscotch champeen all through grade school. Does that count?

j/k

Was an All County player (baseball) during the younger years. I hit .380 career wise and my slugging percentage was about .700.

During HS football, I had a solo tackle on Randall Cunningham (he played for Santa Barbara HS). Nobody had ever did that before me.

but I think my military accomplishments are far greater than anything I ever did on a sports field...

I passed Jump School (Airborne), Air Assault School, Infantry School, Ranger School, Jungle Warfare Operations School, Desert Survival School, HALO Jump Course, Special Forces Phase 1 and Phase 2 Training, and even Canadian Army Jump School.

Any of thosee require not only athleticsm but moreso a desire to win/survive/complete the courses.

Atheltics?

j/k

Was an All County player (baseball) during the younger years. I hit .380 career wise and my slugging percentage was about .700.

During HS football, I had a solo tackle on Randall Cunningham (he played for Santa Barbara HS). Nobody had ever did that before me.

but I think my military accomplishments are far greater than anything I ever did on a sports field...

I passed Jump School (Airborne), Air Assault School, Infantry School, Ranger School, Jungle Warfare Operations School, Desert Survival School, HALO Jump Course, Special Forces Phase 1 and Phase 2 Training, and even Canadian Army Jump School.

Any of thosee require not only athleticsm but moreso a desire to win/survive/complete the courses.

Ive noticed that athletic prowess relates to success in the military pretty well. I won a lot of awards and things like that in my time in the military, and I think that excelling in sports in my younger life helped prepare me for the mental and physical stress that the military puts on you. I joined the Air Force right after college, and I noticed that all the physical stuff was a breeze compared to the hell they put us through in baseball workouts.

Atheltics?

j/k

You mean they had sports when you were in school? Did they play football in those leather helmets? :D

Wait, Canandian Army? Canada has an army? Wha??? :conf:

You mean they had sports when you were in school? Did they play football in those leather helmets? :D

Wait, Canandian Army? Canada has an army? Wha??? :conf:

We were pre leather helmets and the ball was a rock. Veloceraptors would interrupt every now and then but we would feed the soccer players to them.

Actually the Canadian Jump school was tougher than the US Army one (sorry Jump Master Byers). Plus we got to wear their wings on our uniforms when we wore uniforms. We would cross train as an act of solidarity and they were really professional. I would have loved to fight alongside those guys...

We were pre leather helmets and the ball was a rock. Veloceraptors would interrupt every now and then but we would feed the soccer players to them.

:lol:

Actually the Canadian Jump school was tougher than the US Army one (sorry Jump Master Byers). Plus we got to wear their wings on our uniforms when we wore uniforms. We would cross train as an act of solidarity and they were really professional. I would have loved to fight alongside those guys...

Oh noes... I hope Hawk doesn't see that...

Archived