• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your athletic achievements

Matt Foley

Church league anything is a level of competition and poor sportsmanship that few people can handle.

Honestly it depends on the league... now that I'm old enough to play 35+, I won't play with the younger guys anymore. It is too competitive and crazy. I have to work and have the use of my limbs. I will say this though... I play pretty laid back, unless the other team is rough... then they get it. I have 5 fouls and know how to use them.

Not sure how serious of a cyclist you were but I know two guys in Charlotte that were/are pros. That are not named George Hincappie.

I was serious about cycling, but on a low level. I never raced above cat4. and that wasnt in charlotte. who do you know?

Western Carolina University has had at least one player starting in 6 of the last 15 Super Bowls:

XXX - Willie Williams (Steelers)

XXXII, XXXIII - Tony Jones (Broncos)

XXXVIII - Brad Hoover

XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX - David Patten (Patriots)

I can't believe nobody has said how awesome this is. If winning football games didn't matter, WCU would be like The U.

There is still room on the bandwagon.

Played baseball my whole life. Played on a powerhouse of a travel team. Traveled around the country playing.

Recruited by some small schools as well as Northwestern when I was still in 8th grade.

Played Second base. BTW

That same year I completely tore my ACL, when some douchebag took me out on a DP.

Surgery/Therapy and my baseball career was over.

Now I play 16 inch Softball on my Dad's team.

what coulda been.

I'm proud of being just good enough to make every team I tried out for, but never being a star.

Ever.

Played baseball, football, basketball, soccer, swimming, water polo, golf, gymnastics, track, and softball later. All competitively. Can't remember doing anything special in any of them TBH.

I ran a 20k a few years ago and averaged 5:45 per mile. That's pretty kickass for an old guy, but I sure as hell didn't win the thing.

Hmmmm. Played for my County (Lancashire) and Region (NW) in Squash and was the first backup for the England squad without actually applying myself at all. Quit when I was 15 'cos I'm a dumbass. Had an ex-World #4 coaching my sister and I - he said I was far more talented. She went on to play internationally before injuring her shoulder. Oh well.

Besides that, erm - just generally being good at every sport I pick up: swam for a good swimming club, played 'soccer' for a very good local team (had a few guys go pro), played field hockey for a good local side, played 'Ultimate Frisbee' (oh yes!) and American Football for my Uni team. Dabbled in tennis too, but it never appealed to me, even though I own raquet sports.

Archived