• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your athletic achievements

Matt Foley

I'm really good at cornhole after a 6 pack. I even had a trophy made in my likeness after I won the tourney in our cul-de-sac.

613-768-1Cornhole_white.jpg

Although, it appears I am holding a lunch pale instead of a bean bag.

I'm your huckleberry. :D

BAYSL - Brandon Area Youth Soccer League - Sick goalie. When we were blowning teams 4-0 they'd move me Forward and I would usually just run through people to score. (I was much smaller then.) Was asked to play football mom said no. The coach's sons, my friends, went on to QB at GaTech and play at Notre Dame. Would have DOMINATED :D

College - Rugby - Played 2nd Row. . Started A side 3 games into my first semester and never looked back. Was really good....i mean really really good. Beat UNC for States 1st State Championship. tackled a guy with my eye socket for a try saving tackle. Invited to Allstar tryouts and chose to play in front of my grandfather instead. (old and was the only chance he'd get to see me play) Booze ruined my college career.

Booze ruined my college career.

Yep. After I blew out my knee, I hit the beers hard. Which lead to hitting the Huddle House hard at 3 am. Which lead to man tits. And the slow decline of my athletic career began.

Pro boxing for 6 years (regional champ)

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - blue belt.

2 years ago... stop doing all violent sports.

I'll never forget when your sensei told you to sweep my leg. And your teammate yelled "get him a bodybag, ha ha ha ha ha".

Played club soccer from middle school until senior year in high school. Started on the varsity team all 4 years, was captain my senior year. Named to 1st team all county and conference teams for high school for my junior and senior year. Played on my community college team for the last 2 years, as a defender. Was named to the all conference team last season. Also got so many awards and such through soccer camps and such.... Oh yeah, I played football and basketball for a year. And did indoor track for my last 2 years in high school, was named captain the last year. I mainly did 4x2 relays and the 50 yard dash.

Man, it sucks that I'm not playing soccer next year in the college I'm transferring to. I missed the tryouts for the team. Now it's too late. Hopefully next year I won't be totally out of shape.

All-conference in the discus in high school

We were 1st in the conference in track and 2nd at state.

Played football for the Butler Bulldogs. We were ranked #20 in the Nation at one point in the season in most of the big polls (Max Preps, S.I., Rivals)

Played for the Bulldogs the year we beat Independence (finally) 21-20 in the regular season.

Conference Champs that season as well.

(Currently in college so my career isn't over yet and hopefully I can add to these)

UNCC Track team has won 4 out of 4 A-10 Conference Championships since I've been here. 2 Indoor and 2 Outdoor. We dominate the A-10's.

Tee-ball, Coach pitch, and Little league all-star, ages 5-15

History Bowl captain, 7th grade...

Bible Bowl captain, age 15...

Legendary skills on local street basketball courts, especially in 21(with taps!), or Horse...

Master of the sticks, every Madden ever...

Most Hated, Player Hater's Ball...

Successfully swam out of the raging Neuse River during a botched, tame, bachelor party...

MVP of Awesome, every day life...

-All-star team every year in Dixie-Youth Baseball

-9th Grade year our Football, Basketball and Baseball teams all went undeafeated. I was a starter on the Football and Baseball teams. Threw a touchdown pass as a backup QB during that season and also had three interceptions as safety.

-Made diving catch in left field, played backup catcher when ours was hurt, batted .600 and was named Tournament MVP in Spring Baseball Tourney my senior year of HS.

-Played golf since I was 10 and have won several captains-choice and two-man tournaments with my dad and others. Have won several long drive and closest to the pin competitions over the years.

-Won Intramural Table Tennis tourney my sophmore year at UNCW, went to regionals at East Tennessee State and got killed by an Asian guy who was faster than Bruce Lee, 21-1.

-Played on championship basketball team in two adult 25+ church leagues.

Archived