• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In your opinion

Matt Foley

I say yes as well. At the very least it will damper much of the fire that Joyce has been under and lets Galarraga have his rightful place in history. But as it stands now and probably will stand this is a lose-lose situation. Galarraga doesn't get his perfect game and unfortunately Joyce will live in infamy. I guess if there is a silver lining it is the class that Galarraga, Joyce and the Tigers organization showed in the aftermath of the situation.

I am sick of the "purity of the game" argument to justify not using instant replay to its full capability and not overturning a call that was blatantly missed. Every major sport's league has evolved in some way or another over time and hopefully this situation is a wake up call that its time to do the same with MLB.

I say he should have. I agree, it was the last play and it should have been his.

Baseball is too conservative with most poo anyways. They want everything to stay the same, but the game has changed anyways. Those records from the 19th century are still there, but you can't honestly tell yourself it's the same poo today.

Whatever, he should have his perfect game. Nobody wins in the current situation, as is.

No. It sucks that it happened, but no overturning should happen on the following day. If he were there and wanted to overturn it when it happened then fine. But not the next day.

It sucks, but Gallaraga will be remembered for a long time b/c of this rather than had he been acknowledged with pitching an official perfect game. Does anybody even remember the guy that pitched a perfect game last month (other than Halladay)?

Most people have already forgotten Dallas Braden, but Gallaraga will be remembered for quite a while b/c of this screwjob.

I say yes, but on the other hand, the 85 Cardinals would be first in line to bitch and complain about Denkinger and demand that something be done.

In this case, it was the last out of the game, he was clearly out, everyone said he was, so I think he should have made a special exemption and call the guy out and give him the perfecto.

Archived