• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, I shaved all my pubes for the first time today.

c0r

Muslim men shave their genital regions as mandated by their religion. But their women don't. Anyone else this is f'ed up?

Fitrah has a physical component as well as a spiritual one. The fitrah of the human body is its beauty and perfection as created by God. Although created perfectly by God, humans are permitted to enhance their appearance through means approved by God, such as clothes, bathing, and perfumes. These are changes to surface appearance, but not to one's essential fitrah.

However, radical changes to one's body to suit personal taste or social fashion are condemned as unlawful changes to fitrah. Procedures to remove or hide deformities resulting from disease or injury are seen as restoring fitrah, rather than changing it, and are therefore allowed. [5]

The sunan al-fitrah (lit., "customs of nature") are a collection of hygienic or cosmetic practices enjoined by the Prophet[saas] as consistent with fitrah:

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Ten are the acts according to fitra: clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick, snuffing water in the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes and cleaning one's private parts with water. The narrator said: I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth. (Sahih Muslim, II.502) [6]

Certain other practices, e. g. tattooing, plucking the eyebrows, wearing wigs or hairpieces, or filing down the teeth, were specifically discouraged or forbidden by the Prophet[saas] as contrary to fitrah.

The sunan al-fitrah (lit., "customs of nature") are a collection of hygienic or cosmetic practices enjoined by the Prophet[saas] as consistent with fitrah:

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Ten are the acts according to fitra: clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick, snuffing water in the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes and cleaning one's private parts with water. The narrator said: I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth. (Sahih Muslim, II.502) [6]

The Messenger of Allah used the word "pubes?"

The Messenger of Allah used the word "pubes?"

You have to understand this is the translation from the Al-Qur-an into English.

I don't know the Arabic word would be. I'm Presbyterian and Buddhist.

I just know about world religions is all. LOL

I still can't find in the Al-Qur'an where is says "Death to the infidels!" or "Blowing one's self up, will result in being by Allah's side and getting 100 virgins!"

Archived