• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blackberry maybe

sunbunny

So it's time for a new phone. I have just a basic right now, and I want to upgrade. I'll need a little more than a basic with our website up and running and to check orders. I don't think I want a touchscreen keyboard.

We're with T mobile right now, so the pickin's are slim. They do offer bb's, but I don't have a clue which phone to get.

I also can't spend an outrageous amount of money.

Here's their bb phones: 9700, 8520

They also have several other "smartphones".

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/

Please give me some recs. I'm clueless when it comes to new phones. I'd be happy with my daughter's samsung comeback if that's all I need.

I love my Blackberry but it's an email phone. I have the Curve and it's a bit of an older model... I have not messed with the newer phones much like the Storm or Storm 2 and I hear that they are better... but the web browsing on BB's is WEAK.

If you want a phone for web stuff, it's an iPhone or a Droid phone for sure... not sure what your choices are for that with Tmobile though, but I know AT&T is the only place for iPhones...?

Ask Saltman what he thinks of his HTC Incredible on Verizon.

I have a Blackberry Tour, and I love it. The only thing is I wish the screen were larger for when I get SlingBox. That's the only reason I'd ever consider a touch screen.

I think the Bold (9700) is pretty good, I don't know enough about the Curve (8520). But BlackBerry in General is a great, reliable brand. I'd go for that over a brand-x smart phone.

Guest CatofWar

I love my Blackberry but it's an email phone. I have the Curve and it's a bit of an older model... I have not messed with the newer phones much like the Storm or Storm 2 and I hear that they are better... but the web browsing on BB's is WEAK.

If you want a phone for web stuff, it's an iPhone or a Droid phone for sure... not sure what your choices are for that with Tmobile though, but I know AT&T is the only place for iPhones...?

Ask Saltman what he thinks of his HTC Incredible on Verizon.

It is, for now. The new webkit browser should be out in the next month or so, and it's suppose to be the dookie. I have a BB and like it alot. The only thing I don't like is the native browser, but they are addressing it. A plus of BB would be BB Messenger, unique to BB's. It's an instant messenger client that does not use your airtime or data plan, and runs directly through the BB servers. You can talk to anyone with a BB around the globe on it. Very cool.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love my BB too... and that's mainly because I use it almost solely for email and it's been huge for me to not have to lug around a laptop and to be able to get the push email anywhere, anytime and answer it right there. I do find myself getting more and more into wanting a better browsing experience... and some of the droid apps are pretty damn cool.

Holy hell. My daughter's comeback has email, apps, web browsing, gps. I just got on facebook with it and I know she can get on youtube with it. It has cnn and espn something. Her service is only 10 bucks extra/month.

What's the difference in what she can do and what a bb or the mytouch can do? Like I said, I'm clueless. I didn't even know Casey had all that on her phone. I thought we bought it for texting.

Guest CatofWar

BB are excellent for communicating. True push email and all that jazz. Plus you can get all the facebook and other social site apps if ya want. They lack in media and entertainment. The games available suck and currently the do not support flash. Go to the tmobile store and fondle all the ones they have.

Archived