• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New maps today for COD but I cant dl them now!!

jasonluckydog

gouging? how so? they made new maps and want money for them. if you dont want to buy them you dont have to. They arent in business to entertain you for free.

Whats COD btw?

They are nickel and diming consumers. If you don't agree, keep paying...no sweat off my back.

I played them, so far carnival is my favorite. If you don't want to spend the money then forget it, they do have to pay people to design the maps, code etc.. It's not like they work for free. It's $3.00 per map, so I really can't see how someone would be upset over that or expect free (extra) content made for the original price of the game. Also the $59.99 argument holds no water, you can thank inflation for that.

I like the part where they said "We finally did some work."

You realize that with the tools they have that making these maps is simple and quick for them. Playtesting is likely the longest part of the process and knowing how this company operates I doubt they stray much from their established formulae and also doubt they playtest THAT much. Now that users will get to make maps though I doubt there will be much more paying for overpriced map packs that should be free.

Only PC players get mapmaking and dedicated servers I believe. Which might make the game actually worth purchasing when it goes on sale 50% off. Making a map is one of the easiest things to do in game developing. Balancing the map thoroughly through playtesting is another matter altogether.

Activision murders games -.-

They're implementing the same strategy they use with Guitar Hero to Cod; Add a minimum amount of new material to a game then charge customers a ridiculous amount... and do this very often.

I'll just wait for the new CoD by Treyarch and see what types of reviews that it gets.

if its anything like World at War or pre-COD4 i wouldnt touch it.

Map making is great. It increases the life of a game big time. I used to play the Delta Force games big time (mainly DF2, Blackhawk Down) on the PC and map making was awesome. New maps were made pretty often and it was a great experience.

Archived