• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Replay?

Squirrel

Ok, this is going too far:

Joyce showed up to work Thursday in Detroit, looking as if he hadn't slept. He appreciated the outpouring of support from umpires, family and friends but lamented strangers lashing out at his wife and children.

"I wish my family was out of this," Joyce said, holding back tears as he spoke nearly two hours before the Cleveland-Detroit series finale. "I wish they would direct it all to me. It's a big problem. My wife is a rock. My kids are very strong. They don't deserve this."

Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2010/06/03/1314819/jim-joyce-i-just-cost-that-kid.html#ixzz0pomNDtB3

Selig just said he will not reverse the call, and it is not a perfect game.

What a douchebag, damn.

Baseball comissioner Bud Selig said he would look at the game's umpiring system and the expanded use of instant replay, but would not reverse the blown call that cost Armando Galarraga of the Detroit Tigers a perfect game on Wednesday night.

"While the human element has always been an integral part of baseball, it is vital that mistakes on the field be addressed," Selig said in a statement. "Given last night's call and other recent events, I will examine our umpiring system, the expanded use of instant replay and all other related features."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5248118

i am absolutely behind replay because of this. you cant do balls and strikes and i give no power to the managers. having someone watch replays of especially close plays and if its wrong buzz down. it adds maybe 3 mins to the 3 hour game.

Archived