• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranucci

Panthro

and for God sakes, pull it, dont mutilate it like they do here. chopping to oblivion makes no sense at all. makes it hard to enjoy the flavor/texture .

Ive been very very disappointed in the bbq pork ive had in NC since moving here. MidSouth BBQ is superior in every way.

Id like to try Ranucci some time.

That sauce is better than the vinegary vaginal discharge you advised him to make.

Not if you're trying to make BBQ. See, that's the thing people don't comprehend- allow me to elucidate for our Northern friends...

Barbeque as a noun is pork, cooked slowly, shredded, and mixed with a vinegar and pepper based sauce. Pulled pork (as in Razzy's original post) is generally referred to as such.

Barbeque as a verb means to cook (generally) outdoors over flame or coal, and then cover with ketchup based sauce. This is known as barbequed, not barbeque.

Grilling is the same as above, only without adding aforementioned sauce. If you cook chicken, pork, or beef over a grill, you have made grilled chicken, pork, or beef. You have not made barbeque. If you add an alternate sauce/spice, then that would be how you describe it- ie, Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Tarragon.

Now, to carry it a step further, let's learn the difference in describing the act of making the above food items.

If I invite you to my house for BBQ, then you shall be served pulled pork in a vinegar based sauce, generally with slaw and hushpuppies, or on a bun with fries.

If I invite you to my house for a cookout, then that means that we will be eating hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc, cooked over an open flame.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Cooking a pork butt in the oven, covered and steamed is not bbq. I guess if you cooked it that way like most do in the carolinas I would drown it out with vinegar as well. Just plain gross.

He was trying to get decent BBQ in California, I simply told him how to do it himself. I'm sorry if I interrupted your commercial.

Apparently, decent BBQ is hard to come by in Charlotte, too.

Dude, make your own. Get a 7-8 lb Boston Butt, put it in a pan, cover with aluminum foil, cook it at 225 degrees for about 6 hours. Let it sit for an hour or so, tear it to shreds, add sauce.

Since I'm sure they don't sell sauce out there, mix 1/2 gallon apple cider vinegar with some red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and a little brown sugar. Let it sit overnight and taste it, add Texas Pete to bring the heat up to your liking. Mix with pork and eat.

Rep. The only thing I do different is I cook mine in a smoker for about 10 hours at 225 to 250.

The vinegar based sauce is the best thing on this planet for pulled pork.

But would be much happier if the douched the pork with vinegar. Got it.

Of course. Just like I enjoy collard greens with vinegar. Good stuff.

This other crap served around the country that is drowned in the thick Kraft BBQ style red sauce is garbage. Eastern NC BBQ (pork) is the real deal. Low country SC style with the mustard based sauce is also the daddy.

Now, I complain.....but I will never hand back a plate of BBQ because its not Eastern NC style. I will consume bitches, I will consume.

Eastern NC style BBQ is insulting to the word BBQ. Vinegar and hot sauce isn't good. It's all those poor ass hicks could afford to put on their BBQ back in the day and now you want to perpetuate this poo tasting bbq under the auspices of keeping it real

(I still <3 you though)

Archived