• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's funny how music can...

Darth Biscuit

"The manner in which Americans ''consume'' music has a lot to do with leaving it on their coffee tables, or using it as wallpaper for their lifestyles, like the score of a movie --it's consumed that way without any regard for how and why it's made."

Frank Zappa

I can definitely relate. Anytime I hear Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Blink 182, I think of riding in my friend's Jeep during high school, often to the beach. Good times.

And I'm with you on the specific memories as well. In fact, in keeping with REM, I remember singing their "Orange Crush" after my uncle stopped to get us some of the very drinks. Granted it was us singing it, but anytime I hear that song that's what I think of.

That same uncle was taking me to school one day, and the song "I'm Addicted to Love" came on. I started singing it, but I guess he thought I was too young for it and told me to stop. :P

Same thing with music in movies. With most movies you can't really hear the music in your head if you try, but if you listen to the music you'll instantly recognize what movie it's from(if it's a movie you like). It'll even trigger the same emotions that the movie did(really a lot of the emotion of a movie comes from the music).

Good example:

Archived