• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best water filter???

Dpantherman

we are getting ready to make the switch. no more bottled water (yea, we're late). the tap water is awful, so we need a filter. my grandmother has Pur, not sure which is best btw them, Brita, etc. ill probably end up going w/ the cheapest one, unless you guys have some good advice.

wow... my 5,000th post was "...followed by boiling..."

Epic fail...

On the real, our frige has a built in filter... but I don't think there is a huge difference in Pur or Brita...

don't worry i completely missed all my landmark posts. and wish our fridge had one but it doesn't. as i said before it will prob be which ever is the cheapest. city water here is garbage.

My parents have always had a filtration system in their basement. Big plastic kegs with hoses everywhere and they always had to buy big bags of salt. That was about 18 years ago but they still use it today. It is unbelievable how much cleaner the water even feels in the shower.

That or maybe it has nothing to do with the water system and they have been running an illegal moonshine or meth lab operation for years.

My parents have always had a filtration system in their basement. Big plastic kegs with hoses everywhere and they always had to buy big bags of salt. That was about 18 years ago but they still use it today. It is unbelievable how much cleaner the water even feels in the shower.

Yeah water softeners are the sh*t

Brita and Pur are pretty much the same both are just charcoal & cellulose filters. A cheap 2-stage will work just as good as a 3-stage unless u live in Darfur

those Pur things are supposed to work pretty good if you want to just do one tap.

my water comes from my own well, so I have a chlorine injection system...that way, I am pretty sure everything gets killed real good! Still doesn't taste the best, some people get used to it, but we also have a reverse osmosis thing in the kitchen for cooking and coffee...and we typically drink bottled water because it's instantly ice cold! Ya, we've spent some cash on our water!!!

Archived