• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

90-year-old man butchers 85-year-old wife

Matt Foley

Brenda Hooker lives just down the street from the Martin house, and has known the couple for about 10 years. Hooker could not believe the news and said Jeanette Martin “was just a sweet lady” and recalled William “Bill” Martin was an “awfully gentle person” who walked down the street to visit Hooker's father in her home before he died.

It's really disturbing when someone who seems okay would do something like this. Can you imagine being married for that long and killing someone like that after spending most of your life together.

I'll wait for the jokes about marriage to come in now.

It sounds like the grandson was there -- I wonder if he got there after it happened. One would hope that a 46-year-old man would be able to stop a 90-year-old man from carving up his grandmother.

Unless I missed it, I don't see where it mentions how long they have been together. If the were together for the last 50 years or so, I could see a case where he never laid a hand on her or argued much until one day 50 years of bottling up any frustration came out in one horrific way.

Unless I missed it, I don't see where it mentions how long they have been together. If the were together for the last 50 years or so, I could see a case where he never laid a hand on her or argued much until one day 50 years of bottling up any frustration came out in one horrific way.

You're right, I don't think they mentioned it. I just assumed that they had been together a while.

You're right, I don't think they mentioned it. I just assumed that they had been together a while.

It said their 46 year old grandson.

Not saying that they couldn't have only been together for a short time, and they both considered him a grandson.

That is kind of a big part of the story that was left out if you ask me. What if they got married 6-7 years ago and this was his 5th marriage and 3 of his other wives died under "suspicious" terms? Or maybe he just had a history of domestic abuse in the other marriages. I can't come to a conclusion until I get the facts. This reporter gets an "F".

*Edit* - Good catch Fuzz

A man can only take so much nagging!

Take the trash out! Pick up your dirty clothes! Would it kill you to help out around here once in a f'ing while? I cook and clean for you and do you appreciate it? All you do is sit around the bloody house all day! Would it kill you to get out? You never take me anywhere!

Or in the case of Rod Stewart's ex-wife Racheal Hunter and my ex-finacee, "All you do is spend your free times plain with your toy trains!"

Since they had a 46 yo grandson, they probably had been married for 66 years! That's a long bloody time to be with one woman!

If I were his lawyer, I would try and get more men on the Jury and go for th Nag defense!

My guess. Something is wrong here.

My grandad got violent prior to his death in 1995. He suffered some mild strokes and was diagnosed with dementia. He didn't go this far, but he hit my grandmother and two of my aunts who were taking care of him. He had to be put in a home where he could be watched. This happened over the course of about a month in his case, and he was only about 78 at the time, so this kind of thing can come on someone quickly.

Archived