• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your best golf shot

Matt Foley

What was it?

I was on a Par 3 course in Lexington. We had just played through a group of women (rudely, hitting into them because they were taking forever), and the guy I was playing with was cussing left and right about it. I was playing like crap so I put the ball on the tee on a downhill 85 yard hole. I say "I hate this game" and swing. Ball goes high in the air and all we hear is "tink!" Yep. Hole in one. There were two good looking girls on the next tee who yelled "Good shot!" and let us play through. I should have quit the game right then and there.

18th hole of the Jungle Course III in Ocean City Maryland....I was 7, after a brutal round of golf in 98 degree weather and 100% humidity, and slow play from the cub scout troop in front of us we finally made it to hole 18. With sweat dripping from my brow into my eyes and mixing with tears from when my mom wouldn't give me another quarter to feed the Koi fish I reared back and let it fly......."tink" right into the clown's mouth for a free game and small vanilla cone.

hahahahahahaha...nicely played Johnny!!!

my best shot was actually my worst!!

There's a course in town close to where I live and they always seem to have a ton of geese all over the damn place! Couple years back we are playing and there just seems to be even more than usual. We play 9, stop for a dog and a beer and are just teeing up at 10, which of course is right beside the clubhouse and the nice big patio! I pull out the driver and just my luck, worm burner, right up the middle. Just my luck, I smash a goose square in the head! It's screaming out in pain, flopping all over the damn place and I'm feeling bad, people are screaming and freaking out! Luckily before I got there, one of the green's keepers came by, grabbed the bird, broke it's neck and the action was over. I felt like crap about it, but then the guy said it happens way more often that you'd care to think. The course had been pushing fish and game to install scare devices in...but it didn't help that day

hahahahahahaha...nicely played Johnny!!!

my best shot was actually my worst!!

There's a course in town close to where I live and they always seem to have a ton of geese all over the damn place! Couple years back we are playing and there just seems to be even more than usual. We play 9, stop for a dog and a beer and are just teeing up at 10, which of course is right beside the clubhouse and the nice big patio! I pull out the driver and just my luck, worm burner, right up the middle. Just my luck, I smash a goose square in the head! It's screaming out in pain, flopping all over the damn place and I'm feeling bad, people are screaming and freaking out! Luckily before I got there, one of the green's keepers came by, grabbed the bird, broke it's neck and the action was over. I felt like crap about it, but then the guy said it happens way more often that you'd care to think. The course had been pushing fish and game to install scare devices in...but it didn't help that day

Did you give yourself a birdie on that hole?

I'm horrible...but I usually get a birdie every round.

RGA - Raleigh Golf Association on Tryon...when they had the 18th par 3 right next to the road. About 120 yards. I chili dipped off the tee to about 70 yards out. Got up there...chipped in for birdie. One of those you knew had a chance the moment it left the club.

Was playing at an airport convention in Augusta GA in a captains choice foursome with three other guys that I'd never met before this past October... we teed off on like #7, a par 5. We talked a bit before and it was pretty obvious the other three didn't play much, so they decided I would go last. They all got up and one by one, hit it in the woods or in the water. So there we are with no balls in the fairway and it's my turn. I get up there and smoke one right down the middle about 300 yards. Turns out that hole is the long drive hole and I won the $100 long drive prize with that shot, the first of the day. I birdied that hole by myself, and our team got 3rd place, well... pretty much I got third place, as they all sucked.

a few years ago I played in the WFNZ golf tournament at Springfield GC in Ft mill. Aside from the chicks in bikinis on almost every hole the highlight of my golf day was on the 7th hole.

They had a PGA tour Pro on the tee box doing a best ball thing for each golfer. He took one look at me and asked "You're playing?!?!?" as if I didn't belong (I really didn't look like I did). It was a par 3 over water and after we both hit it was clear my ball was better and he apologized/congratulated me.

Then we got to the 11th hole, which was the Jager hole. I stunk the rest of the round, but I did do some body shots off some chick in a bikini, good times.

Archived