• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawk

even I signed up in an attempt to help land the 2018 or 2022 World Cup in the US....here's your chance to sign up too....

I've got some pretty incredible news today: The Bid has reached 400,000 supporters!

That's more people than live in St. Louis, New Orleans, or Minneapolis. It's almost the population of Wyoming!

We're at a huge moment for the Bid. The official Bid Book is in FIFA's hands, and the 2010 World Cup is about to kick off. The next month is our best chance to show FIFA that American soccer fans are as loud, passionate, and intense as soccer fans anywhere else.

Now that we've hit 400,000 supporters, our new goal is to reach half a million before the World Cup is over.

You can help out by forwarding this email to everyone you know and asking them to sign our petition:

http://gousabid.com/BidPetition

You can also click here to send an email to your entire address book.

With the World Cup just over a week away, I'm already excited to watch the best players in the world representing their country on soccer's greatest stage.

I'm even more excited about the prospect of this tournament coming to the United States in 2018 or 2022.

Soccer represents everything the U.S. is about: freedom and endurance, creativity and diversity. Winning the honor of hosting the FIFA World Cup™ would help soccer continue to grow in America and become our nation's top sport.

With 400,000 people supporting our Bid to host the World Cup, we're already well on our way.

Thanks for being part of this. Now help make this movement even bigger by sending this link to everyone you know:

http://gousabid.com/BidPetition

-- David

David Downs

Executive Director

USA Bid Committee

Archived