• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You know how good Fallout 3 is? Yes, this is another Fallout thread...

Samuel L. Jackson

There are a lot of games that are a cakewalk when compared to Fallout 2. That game was truly hardcore.

Until you really figured it out. Still there are some tough ass fights in that game. Wanamingos and NPC allies with automatic weapons.

wanamingo.jpg

SLj, why haven't you done the DLC? You at least need to do The Pitt and Point Lookout. Definitely good times.

I dunno... I've just been holding out stacking up my loot...

I got over 200 stimpaks on me... like 100 frag grenades at the crib... hundreds of Nuka Colas in the machine... stacks and stacks of food in the fridge... weapons, ammo, etc...

Personally, I think it was more of a "I dunno how tough these places are gonna be, so I am gonna just level up before going to see them." In the pre-GOTY version, I was bummed that the level cap was 21, so that may be a part of it too... wanting to get back to level 21 before I head into those areas...

Point Lookout was my favorite as I did it straight out of the Vault at level 2. That was actually kind of tough just because of how much shooting the enemies could take from my pitiful selection of weapons and low ammo.

The virtual thing where you get the gauss rifle I also liked because I felt that it was the most true to itself experience offered in the game.

I dunno... I've just been holding out stacking up my loot...

I got over 200 stimpaks on me... like 100 frag grenades at the crib... hundreds of Nuka Colas in the machine... stacks and stacks of food in the fridge... weapons, ammo, etc...

Personally, I think it was more of a "I dunno how tough these places are gonna be, so I am gonna just level up before going to see them." In the pre-GOTY version, I was bummed that the level cap was 21, so that may be a part of it too... wanting to get back to level 21 before I head into those areas...

If you use VATS nothing is really that tough.

FWIW, I got both Prototype and Assassin's Creed 2 this past Xmas... I think I played Prototype for like 5 hours, and still have yet to play AC2... all because all I ever play is Fallout 3 or Madden, and lately, at least the past 100 or so gaming hours, my PT has all gone to Fallout 3...

If you use VATS nothing is really that tough.

I don't most of the time... The only thing I usually use it on is Deathclaws...

Also, Fallout 3 has a lot of moments that literally make you jump... I don't know what it is... probably being so immersed...

The original Killzone was like that too...

I don't most of the time... The only thing I usually use it on is Deathclaws...

Also, Fallout 3 has a lot of moments that literally make you jump... I don't know what it is... probably being so immersed...

The original Killzone was like that too...

Like what?

I haven't literally jumped up from my seat since Bioshock in that one room where it fills up with gas and when it clears and you turn around there is a big splicer ready to knock your head in right in front of you.

Like what?

I haven't literally jumped up from my seat since Bioshock in that one room where it fills up with gas and when it clears and you turn around there is a big splicer ready to knock your head in right in front of you.

Like when you venture into the underground early on and your perception isn't too high, and a ghoul sneaks up behind you or comes around a corner...

Deathclaws also have moments where they can sneak up on you...

Like when you venture into the underground early on and your perception isn't too high, and a ghoul sneaks up behind you or comes around a corner...

Deathclaws also have moments where they can sneak up on you...

Never played with low perception before... I see where you are coming from though.

Deathclaws and Yao Guai sure can be sneaky sometimes.

Fallout is probably my favorite video game. I still play it all the time. When I first bought it I didn't even know what it was. I just thought it was going to be a typical FPS. Boy was I mistaken. I quickly became obsessed. I would spend hours every day playing that game. Anytime I wasn't in class, I played.

In my opinion, I wouldn't waste too much time playing Assassin's Creed. Each mission is exactly the same just with different people. You always climb/run across whatever city you are in and beat some dude up. It's really easy, and really redundant.

Archived