• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My God Ubaldo Jimenez is having stupid monster seasson.

pstall

Was going to post this the other day but decided to wait after the match up with Lincecum. I love a dominate pitcher....I hope he does it all year (unless of course the Phils meet them in the playoffs).

Son and I are in a Huddle fantasy basbeall keeper league and he told me he was going to keep Jimenez and let Greinke go back into the draft pool at the start of this year. I of course told him he was an idiot for doing that...........

oh, this just in...he pitches for the Rockies..In like Denver...

I went to that park last year.....stopped at one of those pitching machines that tell you how fast you throw expecting to hit 100 mph on the radar gun because of the thinner air (if it works for batted balls why not thrown balls?). I am not going to say what I threw but it was obvious the radar gun was malfunctioning that day.

In a five man rotation each starter should get 32 starts. Let's say he gets three extra because his manager keeps shifting him forward in the rotation around off days, etc. That's 35 starts. No way he wins 30 games. He'll lose three or four games on bad luck alone.

Ever since they implemented the humidor a few seasons back, Denver has played much more like a regular park. It's not longer pitchers hell.

Well it still is - the humidor has stopped the ball fly out of the park, but the outfield grass is HUGE. That's down to the designers trying to compensate for the thin air by moving the fences back. Now hits drop in all over the place because the outfielders have far too much ground to cover.

Archived