• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corrective Eye Surgery

Woodcookedbbq

Lately, my vision has been deteriorating. I know several people who have had PRK or LASIK surgery, all with good outcomes. I was wondering if anybody here has had that type of surgery, I'd like to hear your experiences. Is there any advice you can give me? Thanks.

Wife had it, works wonderfully....painless, quick, pretty awesome procedure. I know they say it doesn't work for everyone but I don't personally know someone who had a bad experience with it. I just started wearing contacts for the first time in my life and will probably do the surgery next year (sons braces where the priority this year).

One thing I can say is that it is not a lifetime fix. Wife had hers done about 6 years ago (I think) and she is noticing her vision deteriorating again.

Had Lasik eye surgery for an astigmatism around 7 years ago. Corrected my vision to 20-15 and 20-20. Had my eyes checked last week and they were 20-20 and 20-30. There was some deterioration but not much. Pay the money for someone good not just cheap. After all you only get one set of eyes and they have to last a lifetime.

I had lasik almost 14 years ago and even at that time I felt completely confident in the procedure. Millions of people have had corrective eye surgery since and I have yet to hear of too many problems...but I am sure there are some.

I absolutely loved it...but as I have aged, find I now wear glasses again for driving and watching tv....but it was still worth it big time

I almost got Lasik treatment 2 years ago. They suggested waiting until my early to mid 40's to have it done due to the continued sight deterioration up until that age. It was also said that if you can read and see up close without glasess that Lasik surgery can expedite the need for reading glasses as you age. So I am holding out a few more years. I can tell you that I hate wearing glasses (10 years now).

Archived