• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had to go to the ER last night....I'm pissed

jasonluckydog

I was responding to your first post.

It does matter how you got there.

Personal responsibility is important...and will serve you well now and in the future.

I have spent a lot of time working in ER's by the way...collaterally as mental health consultant. What they see/deal with daily is not imaginable to most of us.

I once heard something about those living in a glass house should not throw stones.

It is unfortunate that you did not get what you believe you needed. I say look at the entire picture...learn from it...and move on.

I have(had) perfect teeth well except for one but that's beside the point right now the ER has procedures in plans for all kinds of cases and this time they failed.

i will report back what they say....if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I'm not.

I laugh at some of these responses, we need a doctor in here to see who was wrong me or the Hospital but I know for a fact I'm correct to be pissed off and after the investigation we will see...as far as Walgreens the one by my house closes at 6pm on Sunday.

I'm still trying to figure out if you're pissed cause they didn't treat your bp, or pissed cause they didn't have a dentist.

You got help, maybe not exactly what you wanted for your tooth, but still...you got pain meds and antibiotics.

As far as your bp, they may have chalked it up to the pain, especially if you don't have a history of it. Should they have? Dunno, I'm not a dr.

You know, I didn't raise this much hell when I had to sit in the ER for at least fifteen minutes having a heart attack. No one even came to ask me was I ok. I even had to try and fill out the forms even though I couldn't move my arms.

I'm still trying to figure out if you're pissed cause they didn't treat your bp, or pissed cause they didn't have a dentist.

You got help, maybe not exactly what you wanted for your tooth, but still...you got pain meds and antibiotics.

As far as your bp, they may have chalked it up to the pain, especially if you don't have a history of it. Should they have? Dunno, I'm not a dr.

You know, I didn't raise this much hell when I had to sit in the ER for at least fifteen minutes having a heart attack. No one even came to ask me was I ok. I even had to try and fill out the forms even though I couldn't move my arms.

I'm pissed because a simple shot of antibiotics would have took care of the problem, case closed. The ER was dead I was the only person in there I was in and out in 30 minutes.

damn thats crazy, did you know him/her?

Pretty messed up now my girlfriend is freaking out now she is in the bedroom praying and crying...Our kids play together and I say Hi to him and wife at least once a week. She is pissed I'm posting now...So I got to go.

Dentists don't work in the ER, I am surprised they did not write you an rx for Lortab until you get to be seen by a dentist

They wrote me a script that I couldn't get until Monday. I needed a shot of antibiotic and that would have been the end of it. I should of went to MUSC but the pain was so bad I went to the close but shitty hospital.

You probably asked them for C2, which is a norcotic and ER hates prescribing it because they closely controlled by DEA. Also, I bet you told em it broke off few months ago which caused them to believe you either faking or overreacting. You should of asked them for Vicodin ES and told em you'll make an appointment with Dentist on Tuesday, they would probably give you an Rx.

wtf..youd think an ER dr. could manage which scripts they write.

he shouldnt have to ask for anything, but theyd probably tell him to take IB..thats the cure all these days

Dentists don't work in the ER, I am surprised they did not write you an rx for Lortab until you get to be seen by a dentist

exactly...some docs are morons..actually more than some people would believe.

everybody is a drug seeker.

I disagree with LP.

While your point is good, when at the ER it doesn't matter how he got there or why he is there. If he is in the ER and not just chasing drugs then he needs to get his pain relieved and possible infection taken care of.

My buddy did this.

Emergency Dental Care

Carolinas Medical Center is a Level I trauma center and receives a high volume of maxillofacial injuries and other urgent dental care problems. The hospital owns and operates three helicopters, two fixed-wing aircraft, and a jet to transport patients and organs from around the country to our hospital. The emergency room staff manages over 275 patients per day, many of whom are referred from surrounding counties.

The hospital patient population provides a rich experience in a wide spectrum of emergent dental problems, particularly the management of infection, trauma, bleeding, and pain. The high volume, range of conditions, and the close working relationship with residents and faculty from the Department of Emergency Medicine gives residents a strong background in this area. Urgent dental problems are managed in the dental clinic during the day and in the Emergency Department while on call during off-hours. A resident is designated to provide urgent care in the dental clinic on a daily basis.

Archived