• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had to go to the ER last night....I'm pissed

jasonluckydog

A few months ago my molar that had a filling cracked and I never went to the dentist to get it fixed it wasn't hurting at the time so I let it go well that was a bad idea the damn thing started hurting a few days ago then unholy hell broke loose!! I was in tears no painkillers or antibiotics that I had would numb the pain and no dentist until Tuesday so I went to the ER for help and they suck!!! I was dizzy, had a migraine walking around like a zombie my blood pressure was 180/110 I thought I was going to pass out.. I asked for a shot of antibiotics and pain medicine but they wouldn't they wrote me a fuging script on a Sunday night!!!! WTF!! I spoke to me ex wife and she gave me percocet and 500mg ammoxcillen and today I feel a little better...I want to go back to the ER and punch the fuger in his mouth for not helping me, he told me this is not a dentist office...and some other bullshit. How can you not help somebody out if your blood pressure is 180 or higher your supposed to go the hospital asap so you dont stroke out..

sorry just had to rant.

I will never ever be this happy to see a dentist in the morning.

Assholes

You probably asked them for C2, which is a norcotic and ER hates prescribing it because they closely controlled by DEA. Also, I bet you told em it broke off few months ago which caused them to believe you either faking or overreacting. You should of asked them for Vicodin ES and told em you'll make an appointment with Dentist on Tuesday, they would probably give you an Rx.

You probably asked them for C2, which is a norcotic and ER hates prescribing it because they closely controlled by DEA. Also, I bet you told em it broke off few months ago which caused them to believe you either faking or overreacting. You should of asked them for Vicodin ES and told em you'll make an appointment with Dentist on Tuesday, they would probably give you an Rx.

I asked them for a shot of antibiotics and pain medicine....My jaw was swollen my blood pressure was 180/110( thats real bad) they saw the swelling and puss from the exposed tooth. They wrote me a script for Vicodin and antibiotic but it was a SUNDAY NIGHT!! I could barely walk yet try to find a pharmacy open that late. I told them the only reason I came to the ER was because of the holiday w/e and to try to find a dentist was impossible. I needed relief bad and they wouldn't do it!!! I want to sue them!! I want to punch them!!!. Now I know it's my fault for letting the tooth get that way and Im sure I'm going to loose it now but they should of took care of me and I have health insurance. I also told them I have vicodin from previous injury that I still had leftover and it wasn't working for the pain...The vicodin I have is a hell of a lot stronger then the sh*t they wrote me...I needed antibiotics quickly.

So......if you had attended to the problem, that you knew you had, it would never have been an emergency in the first place. So now, you want to be mad at the ER. Better plan, you learn something about personal responsibility.

Just saying.

It doesn't matter how I got it or from where, if I had my teeth knocked out during a mugging or a heart attack from eating too much the ER is supposed to take care of the problem!! I'm pissed because basically they refused me help when I needed it. Your argument is not valid.

Maybe you need to reread the 1st post

Just saying.

But you didn't have your teeth knocked out or a heart attack.

I know our closest hospital doesn't have a dentist on site. When I had to take my mom when she fell a couple of weeks ago, they couldn't do anything for her tooth. They stitched her up, but she had to get her tooth looked at a couple of days later by her dentist - she fell on a Saturday.

I take it your pissed because they didn't do exactly what you wanted them to right then. They did write you a script for both and antibiotic and pain meds, though.

Don't most walgreen's have a 24hr pharmacy? I know the walgreens we use does, and it's right at the hospital.

It doesn't matter how I got it or from where, if I had my teeth knocked out during a mugging or a heart attack from eating too much the ER is supposed to take care of the problem!! I'm pissed because basically they refused me help when I needed it. Your argument is not valid.

Maybe you need to reread the 1st post

Just saying.

I was responding to your first post.

It does matter how you got there.

Personal responsibility is important...and will serve you well now and in the future.

I have spent a lot of time working in ER's by the way...collaterally as mental health consultant. What they see/deal with daily is not imaginable to most of us.

I once heard something about those living in a glass house should not throw stones.

It is unfortunate that you did not get what you believe you needed. I say look at the entire picture...learn from it...and move on.

But you didn't have your teeth knocked out or a heart attack.

I know our closest hospital doesn't have a dentist on site. When I had to take my mom when she fell a couple of weeks ago, they couldn't do anything for her tooth. They stitched her up, but she had to get her tooth looked at a couple of days later by her dentist - she fell on a Saturday.

I take it your pissed because they didn't do exactly what you wanted them to right then. They did write you a script for both and antibiotic and pain meds, though.

Don't most walgreen's have a 24hr pharmacy? I know the walgreens we use does, and it's right at the hospital.

I laugh at some of these responses, we need a doctor in here to see who was wrong me or the Hospital but I know for a fact I'm correct to be pissed off and after the investigation we will see...as far as Walgreens the one by my house closes at 6pm on Sunday.

Archived