• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke Wins National Championship

The Duke Blue Devils have won the Division I National Lacrosse Championship. The game was won less than 10 seconds after the sudden-death overtime began. Congratulations on a program that has come full-circle, and hats off to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on an amazing season. The game ended 5-6 (OT).

As for next year, go Virginia Cavs!

What's the difference between Lacrosse and Field Hockey? Some schools have one and some schools have the other.

For that matter, what's the difference between a Voilin and a Fiddle?

I know that there is a difference, just don't know what.

I went to Ask.com

Two different games with different origins. In Field Hockey the ball is hit with a stick, in lacrosse it’s carried in a basket attached to a stick. Both require players to be in good shape and stresses running ability.

Hmmm, I didn't know that! I learned something new!

Lacrosse is considered by many to be hockey on grass, and as some would say, the fastest game on two feet. Subbing is done on the fly, and contact is frequent. There are both defensive and offensive schemes, as there is in any sport that involves two sides of the ball. 3 defenders on the field have 6' sticks to make them more efficient in taking the ball away and getting it to their offense. The field is very large, and when two talented teams that are evenly matched are playing, the game is quite high scoring and displays a level of athleticism that is different that traditional sports, but none the less evident. Offense is typically characterized by "dodging," when the man with the ball has been left on an island 1v1 with his defender. Shots are placed on the run, or from a written up play that usually leaves a teams best shooter to pick a corner from distance at 95mph+. On the defensive side of the ball, defenders are large and tough. "Stick checks" and "Body checking" are similar to that displayed in hockey. And most of all, nothing gets fans to their feet more than a goalie making an acrobatic save from point blank range.

Youtube has tons of videos, from shot competitions, to biggest hits of all time, to highlights of every national championship game.

Hope this helps! You answer some questions I had about working out, and I get you back here. ;)

Archived