• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coke Problem

Happy Panther

There is nothing short of an intervention you can do (and that is a drastic step) other than try to provide a good influence and hope for the best.

It's coke. It's highly addictive and makes you into an asshole. You already know what you need to about it.

I did a fair amount of coke when i was in college. Haven't done any since I graduated (3 years ago). Here's my take:

For me, it was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it at the time. However, inevitably once I came down I always thought, "Damn, I was such an asshole last night, I didn't shut my mouth once. I must have been damn annoying to everyone else in the room." I was very much aware of the fact that it made me asshole. Luckily, whenever I did use it, I was always with a bunch of other people doing it too, so the assholiness was balanced out.

And so after I came down and recovered I wouldn't want to do it again for awhile for fear of being an ass. I would wait until a special occasion to do it, normally a large group of us would go in together on an 8ball or something. Do it for one night and then be done with it for awhile. I haven't done any since i graduated, but would definitely be willing to if the circumstances were right. It can be a very fun recreational drug when used in controlled environments and in moderation.

I would say most (90%) of the people that i did coke with in college were in the same boat as me. Did it occasionally, and socially. And then there was the other 10% who once they tried it, would want to do it all the time. They would get some without telling anyone and try to hide it from everyone else. And it clearly wrecked their lives. However, everyone that I know that used to have a problem with it, eventually recovered and has not gone back since.

It is a dangerous drug and can be highly addictive. Although, it tends to get a worse wrap than it deserves. As I said, most people that I know used it were never addicted and did it recreationally. And those that did develop an addiction were all able to recover.

***Full disclosure: I went to school with a lot of privileged kids who a) were probably more educated than your average drug user and B) had parents that would bail them out if they ever fuged up too bad. So it's probably not a completely representative sample.

A distant relative of mine (call him "Fred") has a drug problem. And old friend shot me an email out of the blue and asked if I had heard from "Fred." Friend says Fred "snorts coke all the time" and is impossible to be around. Driving everyone nuts.

I avoid Fred at all costs because he does drive people nuts. When i have been around him he drinks and smokes pot and I think does some pharma stuff. Possible mental issues

Fred also got an inheritence recently and isn't gainfully employed so that is my first worry that he is flushing his $$ away.

I guess my question is what to expect. I have never done coke and the only folks I have been around that did it were banker types with lots of money. Didn't seem to be ruining any lives.

What say you?

Coke is horrible I had friends doing it all through high school and sure enough they all had very affluent parents. One of the best friends I ever had is in Arizona right now. He would shoot heroin and then do coke as was coming down.

You need to try to get him into rehab but in in the end it's his decision. Don't lose sleep over it unless you truly care about him.

Coke is horrible I had friends doing it all through high school and sure enough they all had very affluent parents. One of the best friends I ever had is in Arizona right now. He would shoot heroin and then do coke as was coming down.

You need to try to get him into rehab but in in the end it's his decision. Don't lose sleep over it unless you truly care about him.

Thanks. I don't except to the extent that he may come to my family for money when it runs out.

Unfortunately the inheritance he got I also got a small part of. Very small amount but significant if you are a coke-head I bet.

Good times

I'm addicted to Coke Zero...

It tastes just like regular Coke, but has zero everything...

I drink at least 3 or 4 a day, and on a bad day, I'll drink 6 or 7...

just because it says zero doesnt mean it is good for u. u need to go to rehab sir.

Archived