• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coke Problem

Happy Panther

A distant relative of mine (call him "Fred") has a drug problem. And old friend shot me an email out of the blue and asked if I had heard from "Fred." Friend says Fred "snorts coke all the time" and is impossible to be around. Driving everyone nuts.

I avoid Fred at all costs because he does drive people nuts. When i have been around him he drinks and smokes pot and I think does some pharma stuff. Possible mental issues

Fred also got an inheritence recently and isn't gainfully employed so that is my first worry that he is flushing his $$ away.

I guess my question is what to expect. I have never done coke and the only folks I have been around that did it were banker types with lots of money. Didn't seem to be ruining any lives.

What say you?

It's different for different people. Sometimes coke can be like sprinting to your downfall, sometimes it's easily handled. I have friends that use it every weekend, and they do fine in school and everything. I have friends who do it every weekend who are failing school and have no job. It has a worse impact on those will already self-destructive tendencies.

I'd say if he has possible mental issues, then coke is definitely not going to help. It may make any potential delusions he has manifest before him. It's impossible to tell exactly what will happen, but those two do not mix well.

When you see "Fred", talk loudly and move your hands around a lot. Blink as fast and as much as you possibly can. Make lots of sudden movements and everytime you enter or leave a room flash the light switch on and off 3-4 times.

When you see "Fred", talk loudly and move your hands around a lot. Blink as fast and as much as you possibly can. Make lots of sudden movements and everytime you enter or leave a room flash the light switch on and off 3-4 times.

lol

Well for me the only thing that cocaine does is make me want more cocaine while providing some mild euphoria and increased heart rate. The main effect though is just wanting more cocaine. Thus if he is affected at all like myself then his inheritance is as good as gone.

Note: Only have done it one time and after observing the effects decided I'd never do it again.

Well for me the only thing that cocaine does is make me want more cocaine while providing some mild euphoria and increased heart rate. The main effect though is just wanting more cocaine. Thus if he is affected at all like myself then his inheritance is as good as gone.

God Help him

reminds me of this.....I'm not addicted to coke, I just really like the smell!!!

I too have never tried anything more than an innocent toke, sooo many years ago, so I have no idea. I do think though that drugs are generally bad and make good people do bad/stupid things!

reminds me of this.....I'm not addicted to coke, I just really like the smell!!!

I too have never tried anything more than an innocent toke, sooo many years ago, so I have no idea. I do think though that drugs are generally bad and make good people do bad/stupid things!

ya, like this guy.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-lounge/37236-man-rips-out-still-beating-heart-of-victim.html

Coke is serious. There is a reason it's highly addicitive and causes lots of damage to the person and those around them.

Don't know how much this guy listens or his track record on being compulsive in other area's of his life but as for that money, it can vanish very quickly.

I have done enough to know it ain't good.

I had a sociology prof get into a huge argument/debate with me over coke. This idiot said it was recreational. I just laughed out loud. Asked her if she ever did coke and what neighborhood does she live in.

Needless to say I was no longer in that class a week later.

Good luck HP. If you can speak your peace to this person then do it. Otherwise, that train has left the station and the only stop is a wall and you have to hope and pray they get the lesson and their rock bottom is not too far down.

Archived