• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Had a yardsale this weekend...UGH!

Hotsauce

So I had a yardsale this weekend and man it could not have gone worse! Basically the wife and I spent the past two weeks color-code price tagging every item, dragged out boxes from the attic, put fourth a good 15+ hours of just PREP time.

Anyway, I did it right and listed the yardsale on the appropriate media outlets (craigslist, a yardsale website, and the local newspaper ad, which costs $40!) I also made several signs up, creating neat, and precise directions to my home.

Here are some highlights from my Saturday:

-I woke up and made some coffee at 5am, when I opened my garage, there was a sketchy van parked IN my driveway, and some guy gets out and asks me if he can look through my stuff! I told him to get out of here and that we dont open until 7am. He moved his van in front of my neighbors house, and waited there, watching my pull my poo out.

-Someone walked INTO my house during a rush, I only noticed because I heard my door close, I ran in, and some old man was walking through my kitchen "looking for the bathroom". The nice guy that I am, I allowed him to use it.

-I had a 5 speaker Bose surround sound system. I had previously put it on craigslist multiple times, with no luck selling it. It is very nice and in great condition. I wanted between $150-200 for it, it ended up sitting all day, even when I kept reducing the price, I ended up getting only $40 for it from some guy who low-balled the crap out of me!

-Another sketchy foreign lady was going through my DVD's, she literally opened every case (over 40 DVDs) and inspected each DVD. I noticed the ones she had in her hand, and from what I thought, she planned to buy. She must have slipped them into her purse, as about 6 of them went missing. I double checeked with my wife to see if she sold them, nope...def. stolen.

-I also had 2x 10inch JL Audio Subwoofers in a box for sale. They too sat all day, and at the end of the day, I sold the subs to punk kid who lives right across the street from me. So now I will regret the fact that I sold them when he come booming home every night at crazy hours.

Needless to say, we spent 2 weeks preparing for this. We had some pretty nice things for sale and were really looking forward to getting some cash for the long weekend. Not to mention we were sacrificing a Saturday on Memorial day weekend (we were invited to go out on a friends boat, but had to turn them down).

All-in-all, at the end of the day, we took about 65% of the stuff we tried to sell, to Goodwill, and WALKED AWAY WITH ONLY $104.65!!!!!!!!!!!

yardsales are for females. U female.

:lol:

My wife had one Saturday too... I shut the bedroom door and slept as late as I could... got up about 8AM and ate breakfast, and since I had moved my truck about 300 yards down our street, I immediately went outside and left. I went to the gym for about 2 hours and when I got back there were only 2 or 3 weirdos left hanging out. She basically had to run them off by giving them what they were looking at so she could take the rest to Goodwill.

I HATE it when she has those stupid things. The weirdest people show up to those things, they drive in neighbors yards, clog up the street and just generally act like nutjobs all over other people's junk.

She ended up making about $200... but is it really worth it?

I was going to have one a couple years back...well...my wife was....I took one look at the crap she was going to try to sell and gave her a bunch of cash, trailered the crap and took it straight to the donation depot....yard sale over!

I was going to have one a couple years back...well...my wife was....I took one look at the crap she was going to try to sell and gave her a bunch of cash, trailered the crap and took it straight to the donation depot....yard sale over!

i like that idea

trust me...unless it's a beautiful day and you wanna waste it away sitting in the driveway/garage and having meet and greets with the neighbors...pay yourself first and just give the poo away!!!!

Archived